Glow-in-the-dark astronomical underwear

Nope, only bad, worn out Uranus joke mostly practiced by middle schoolers these days.

As far as I can tell…

I’d be delighted to hear a fresh one.

Fun fact: You can charge many glow in the dark items almost instantly by holding them up to a black (UV) light.

1 Like

So you’d think. But the lady I’m with is full of sunshine. She’s made me see stars without these.

You can charge glow in the dark stuff quickly using a UV source, but IIRC they decharge quicker because all the incoming light is at a similar energy level. I don’t remember why but the light of the sun, which covers many different energy levels will emit light over a longer period of time.

In the same way you can use a laser (which emits light at just one energy level) to turn a small patch of glow into dark, so you can write messages on it. (possible explanations)

But only if they’ve spent some time in bright light first. Conclusion - these undies are most useful if worn on the outside of your pants.

Attack ships on fire off your left ass cheek… I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near your camel toe.

2 Likes

Sixth comment down. Better than I expected. Good job, Boing Boing!

Solution 4: apply tritium

I thought so too.

Patience—the universe is still expanding.

1 Like

“Patience-the universe is still expanding” … thus opening the door to Yo Mama jokes. Thanks a bunch!

It was either that or a “full moon” joke.

tritium would drag them down. Bug or feature?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.