GoatMan: How I Took a Holiday from Being Human

[Read the post]

I’m all for getting closer to nature, but subsisting entirely off of grass just seems like a baaaaaaaaaaaaad idea.

13 Likes

So I said to her, “I don’t mean to be crude but there’s a man in your front yard having sex with a sheep.” And she said, “Oh, that’s just da-a-a-a-addy.”

On a more serious note according to legend King Nebuchadnezzar II suffered from boanthropy, a condition where a person believes they’re an ox, cow, or other animal. At least for Thwaites it sounds like it was a voluntary madness.

5 Likes

I took responsibility for my german shepherd when she was paraplegic for a couple of years, finally quadraplegic for a few weeks. She had degenerative myelopathy, and through a combination of exercise (assisted walking with a belly support, wheelchair for a while, frequent swimming and water wading with front legs) she lived about 31 months from first symptoms. I can say it was kind of a pleasure to know the world of a dog much more deeply than I ever imagined I would - at least the domestic, backyard part of it. She had a routine of places to visit, smell, and dig, in the garden mostly, which had been more or less abandoned to her needs. I gave her as much agency as she could handle, thinking that’s part of what kept her going. So I got to know her lifeworld rather intimately. Sometimes we’d go out at night and lie in the garden and soak up the night. When I finally had to say goodbye, I had the canine version of phantom limb syndrome for a few weeks, a kind of neuromuscular reaction to the absence of our cooperative moving around together as partners.

12 Likes

How I Took a Holiday from Being Human

That’s like everyday at my work…

6 Likes

BAAAAH! That’s how I laugh, don’t judge me.

4 Likes

As long as the America “Medical” Association (and other such archaic organizations) persist in referring to such lifestyles as a “condition” the stigma will remain.

3 Likes

That really gets my “goat”.

1 Like

Did Target allow him to use their grass as a bathroom?

2 Likes

This man will never get laid again.

A non-judgemental lover is never more than a catalog order away.

3 Likes

Well, someone here has to mention John Barth’s “Giles Goat-Boy” and I guess I’m it.

1 Like

I love John Barth, especially GGB, and the Sot-Weed Factor. My mind went immediately to Jim Breuer and his Goat Boy character.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.