God damn you 2020

This year’s 31st December will be the biggest Going Away party ever!!

12 Likes

Yup, I’m planning the ultimate send-off for this year from hell.

9 Likes

A Black comedian called Earthquake made a joke about this back in the late 90’s:

He said that late stage capitalism is so relentless, that one day we’ll have to pay for oxygen the same way we do for clean water:

“Water supposed to be FREE. Watch, one day n*ggas gon be calling the utility company like, ‘I wanna put my air in my momma name’…”

Wish I could find a video clip, but even my google-fu is not that strong.

13 Likes

Jazz funerals are for people we love and will miss, for 2020 we’ll be more likely to send it out by singing “i’ll be glad when you’re dead.”

4 Likes

Maybe we should give 2020 a gender reveal party.

11 Likes

True. The celebration will also be for those we lost this year.

12 Likes

It doesn’t matter what 2020s gender is, it fucked everyone anyway.

21 Likes

As soon as Mayor Cantrell green lights the first post-shutdown second line, I imagine it will be one hell of a sight. There have been so many that should have been communally celebrated that weren’t. Given how awful 2020 is, I can’t imagine there will be one before 2021, but I can’t wait for the day we can start to go out and celebrate and start to heal

12 Likes

Amen and pass me some of that!

11 Likes

2020 News

MMOS is officially cancelling the physical, public aspects of the event for 2020.
MMOS will NOT be closing streets for foot traffic or facilitating public gathering sites on Grande Avenue and the Mercado District. MMOS will also cancel all Official Pre and After party gatherings.
MMOS will be bolstering all digital engagement aspects of the event and keeping the core ceremony alive. MMOS will deliver live stream broadcast and digital public access of the Finale ceremony.
We make this decision with the health and safety of our community foremost in our hearts and minds. We look forward to a future where we can all walk together again…

2 Likes
4 Likes

no great loss, that

2 Likes

Unless you were counting on them for doorstops…

2 Likes

Noone ever craves peeps.

5 Likes

Heathens…

Someday after the fall, you’ll roam the wasteland looking for the indestructable, ageless peeps. Food treasures for centuries. They’ll be around when Twinkies have turned to dust.

4 Likes

Erfworld

3 Likes

Eschaton

Sunday, September 13, 2020

The Good Old Days

The point is not that the pollution is no big deal, it is that it used to be really really bad and then we somewhat fixed it.

Atrios at 10:56

Ends on a positive note, if that’s allowed.

17 Likes

That is actually probably true. Future paleontologists will identify this as “The Peep Layer” and assume we worshipped them as gods.

13 Likes

That’s the old one with Paul Newman and the nudist colony? I love that movie.

3 Likes
12 Likes