God spoke to modern man in 1952 and it's quite a sight

That vibe got updated;

21 Likes

What Seventh-Day Adventists Get Right That Lengthens Their Life Expectancy | HuffPost Religion

3 Likes
10 Likes

We had those. One of them has the scariest-looking version of Satan I’ve ever seen to this day. And that includes in Chick tracts.

7 Likes

“Your Jedi mind tricks won’t work on me, Qui-Gon! Your loan is not approved!”

16 Likes

Ah, the End Times. Coming to you in 100 AD, what? How about 200 AD? How about, oh, never mind.

9 Likes

You know if he forgot to put covers on his TPI reports maybe he deserved to get the sack.

4 Likes

Modern man does not know how to communicate with god

3 Likes

Taking a day off every week is good for you? Who knew? :man_shrugging:

/s

3 Likes

White Jesus Speaks To Rupert

8 Likes

That’s great. Not sure if the artist intended it but knowing that the soldier in the original picture wasn’t even praying makes it funnnier.

8 Likes

Rupert and the Resurrection.

Rupert and his pals just stare.
Can that be Jesus on the stair?

9 Likes

I grew up with that book and all of the other SDA stuff and even attended their schools for 12 years - including 4 years of boarding high school. It’s amazing I can even think.

7 Likes

Most funerals I go to (far too many last year), people are still buried in clothes they rarely wore in life.

2 Likes

I remember those illustrations from my middle single digits and somehow I conflated them with comic book illustrations. Granted, they’re different styles but the idea of comic book characters never left. In my narrative, invisible Bronze Age superheroes were given immense arbitrary superpowers and the whole world fell for it while I got laughed at for throwing down 12 cents of my hard-earned allowance for a Thor comic.

2 Likes

Love this book! Found a copy at Community Thrift a decade ago, I was enchanted by its many pro-apocalypse illustrations. I bought a few more used copies to give as gifts to strange friends.

I still have a copy or two in the prophecy section of the Whybrary, my esoteric library-museum in the Mission — which I’m trying to save. Find out more about this SF resource at the Whybrary fundraiser < gofundme / whybrary > also check out some pics and shelfies < instagram / thewhybrarysf >.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.