"A Potato That Wasn't A Christian" is a 1960 pamphlet that's not as funny as it sounds

Originally published at: "A Potato That Wasn't A Christian" is a 1960 pamphlet that's not as funny as it sounds | Boing Boing

1 Like

Funny because the illustration looks like a pile of shit left by my car when she is seriously pissed off.

Is that Christian?

5 Likes

So, do you have to cut people open to find out if they’re true Christians? I also want the backstory of this kid who didn’t go to school, but stayed home to help mother by fetching potatoes.

11 Likes

Cults are kewl.

8 Likes

doctor who potato GIF

7 Likes

Time for a tune-up!

5 Likes

That wasn’t as funny as it sounded.

6 Likes

Ed Gein?

5 Likes

Cats are the spawn of the Devil. So yes.

3 Likes

black and white cat GIF

5 Likes

Just piercing their side to check has been acceptable for both Christians and potatoes for a couple millenia now.

9 Likes

I’ve always hated when my carbs proselytize at me.

7 Likes

Well, that and throwing them in the river to see if they float (rotten!) or sink (pure!).

Xtianist homeschooling.

9 Likes

The sequel, “The Hard-Boiled Egg that was a Jew,” took a particularly dark turn.

4 Likes

And thus the Veggietales franchise was born.

5 Likes

Ugh. I’ve always been creeped out the use of e.g. “mother,” “father,” “baby” etc. as non-specific not-quite-proper nouns. Makes my flesh crawl.

3 Likes

Cut them all open, and God will cook his own!

6 Likes

If you want to see how bad it is in the heart of a man who is not a Christian

Tired Over It GIF by goodfortunesonly

7 Likes

I honestly think who ever wrote that shiat had such a small world view that everyone in it was a professed “christian” and that some people who profess to be “christian” aren’t actually that. Maybe I’m myopic but I wouldn’t have ever thought the intention was to say any pagan/muslim/jew/atheist has a black heart but then again I bet if pushed to answer the authors would say yeah and I still just see the world through the lens of the liberal catholic ex-nuns in gradeschool who said love your neighbor (no exceptions period) as you love yourself and taught evolution and had us practice meditation in religion class.

3 Likes

Fun fact: Mickey Rooney only allowed Catholic potatoes to be served at Potato Fantasy.

8 Likes