GoDaddy Websites + Marketing guide you gently into the world of digital marketing the right way

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/24/godaddy-websites-marketing-guide-you-gently-into-the-world-of-digital-marketing-the-right-way.html

So how long is the contract with stack social?

8 Likes

All I’m going to say is search “GoDaddy” here on BB for all of the articles with glowing reviews of Godaddy…

/s

12 Likes

beware of godaddy! they’ll steal your domain name if you don’t register asap. also bb conflict of interest?

4 Likes

So I guess BoingBoing is all good with GoDaddy now?

3 Likes

Nobody anywhere is good with GoDaddy…

2 Likes

Nine years ago, I pulled my domains from GoDaddy on Mark Frauenfelder’s recommendation. What has changed in the intervening years to warrant this encomium?

3 Likes

As I understand it, these ads come from an outside agency and are incorporated as “articles” by a script

Nobody at BB even sees them before we do

5 Likes

Beat me to it!
FWIW…

Disclosure: my partner and I design, host, dehack etc. web sites. We left the ultra-abusive relationship with GoDaddy ~10 years ago and never looked back. New clients who still host with GoDaddy mean we do have to deal with GoDaddy on a regular basis, providing us a powerful reminder and all the proof we might need that we will never ever go back to them. We will not forget the many egregious–alleged or otherwise–issues surrounding that company.

5 Likes

Since when has GoDaddy gone from “the spawn of Satan” to “my best fuck buddy”? Is all it takes is a financial donation from Trump for him to become a “righteous dude”?

That’s an explanation, but it’s not a good excuse.

2 Likes

jfc Boing Boing has officially jumped the shark.

1 Like

FTFY
… kinda…
OTOH isn’t that the definition of algorithm in the first place?

I am inclined to agree with you more and more every day. Esp. when actual contributors hawk more and more plastic, disposable crap.

How else are they going to pay their mod(s) and sysadmin though? Seriously asking.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.