If websites were people

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/19/if-websites-were-people.html

3 Likes

GoDaddy is synonymous with the evil, in my humble opine.

6 Likes

But it’s funny evil!

1 Like

Until they get ahold of your debit card info…

2 Likes

“I moved it, but I can’t figure out how to move it back.”

That’s giving me flashbacks to trying to write a single CSS sheet for all the browsers I expected to visit a site. Makes my head hurt all over again.

6 Likes

The Google+ joke was good. It definitely feels awkward when you accidentally wind up there.

5 Likes

“Wait! Come back…”

“God, I’m so lonely.”

7 Likes

Boing boing: Hey look at this stupid thing I found. Fuck it’s ugly…
So do you want to buy like twelve of them?

9 Likes

I kept waiting for the GoDaddy.com one. You know, where they squats domains, backs SOPA and posts videos of shooting endangered wildlife.

12 Likes

If I had a website now, I guess it would be like this:

1 Like

Wow, I think this happens in real life as well.

…At least I’m pretty sure I’ve met 4chan.org

I’m not even going to go into how repulsive and horrible of a person he was.

You’re under attack from a Super Class-A Wizard hacker who’s far more powerful than you?

1 Like

Once I put a website online, I probably am!

1 Like

Maybe. Far more likely is that you’ll be getting probed over by a bunch of Ukrainian script kiddies and whatever bots they’ve managed to fabricobble together, along with other, more competent bots that require no human intervention or intelligence.

I gotta say though, of all the movies and franchises to depict it, GITS makes hacking look by far the coolest.

1 Like

Actually Ifind the place nice to visit. Far moreso than facebook anyway.

I can’t be the only person who gets an actual ad with this video that automatically starts playing over the video itself. I assumed it was part of the joke until I realized it was for a local bank.

I have always been of the opinion that things that play automatically are fucked up.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.