Godzilla: King of the Monsters looks just silly enough to be fabulous

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/11/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters.html

8 Likes

28 Likes

Well, if CCH Pounder is in it I guess I’m going to see it.

11 Likes

The fact that this is being directed by the guy who brought us Trick r’ Treat and Krampus tells me that it’ll have the right balance of reverent childlike awe for its subjects and utterly silly bonkers goofiness.

15 Likes

All I can say is YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

13 Likes

Silly indeed.

wtf-Godzilla|nullxnull

33 Likes
14 Likes

13 Likes
16 Likes

Just knowing it’s going to feature Godzilla’s original theme song may be enough to get me to see it in the theaters:

It’s been redone by Bear McCreary.

14 Likes

“History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.”

12 Likes

I grew up loving these monster movies. My pet peeve? Godzilla’s size sould stay consistent.

16 Likes

Well, maybe one is toddler Godzilla/Gojira, and the other are awkward teen, and fully grown adult Godzilla.

17 Likes

Following that rule will lead you some weird and wonderful places.

5 Likes

Endless wonder?

5 Likes

Well, sure. If you never stop rewatching White Dwarf.

2 Likes

So this is a sequel to the Brian Cranston Godzilla movie, right? And in the same shared universe as Kong: Skull Island?

If so, this is something to look forward to.

7 Likes

Agreed. And that info-graphic is very nice. I can see a Mother-of-All-Godzilla flick where they terrorize the planet in unison. Now that would be silly enough.

6 Likes

Yeah, the Field Guide to Kaiju would likely show them in different stages of development:

11 Likes

Throw in Jeff Goldblum and Jean Reno and I’m in.

13 Likes