Godzilla vs. Kong trailer

Godzilla and Kong have always been exactly the size that the plot required them to be.

See also: speed of the USS Enterprise.

17 Likes

That was my thought too. Now they’re both at least 200 feet tall based on the scale of the buildings.

4 Likes

King of the Monsters was a fantastically enjoyable movie, and yes I will die on that hill. (Watching it with a 10 year old probably didn’t hurt)

6 Likes

I agree 100%. I loved just about every minute of it. Same goes with Kong: Skull Island. I’m really looking forward to this Godzilla vs. Kong.

Even my 6 year old wants to see it, she insisted I show her the trailer when I mentioned it. The trick is going to be making sure it won’t scare the absolute crap out of her (which she loves, but always leads to nightmares, which she doesn’t love).

5 Likes

I don’t know why, but I am SO excited for this.

1 Like

Three words: Atomic breath weapon.

Kong is toast. Literally.

1 Like

Hollywood should go in the other direction: shrink Kong, call him Mighty Joe Young, then do a remake (which, of course, won’t capture the spirit of the original movie).

2 Likes

A human (often a kid or a teen) having a psychic connection to a kaiju has often been a trope in the genre, particluarly in the Heisei-era Godzilla and Gamera movies. See, e.g., Miki Saegusa (Godzilla flicks) or Asagi Kusanagi (Gamera flicks).

5 Likes

Already done in ‘98.

3 Likes

Right? I was baffled by the harsh reaction to this movie. If felt to me exactly like what a Heisei Godzilla could be with a huge budget and Western-style FX. I saw some discussion that suggested that a lot of the reaction was because the general moviegoer is more interested in the idea of a Godzilla movie than in the actual movies as they exist. There seems to be a grain of truth in that. As for me, I loved every minute of it.

4 Likes

Godzilla has the advantage of range but Kong has faster mammalian reflexes and dexterity. Plus it looks like he made a damn axe out of one of Godzilla’s back spikes and is using the atomic energy breath to charge the thing up for a critical strike. That’s right: this monkey is gonna fuck you up with your own shit.

ETA: Plus Kong has this move going for him.

9 Likes

“Theatres.”

Oh, i remember those!

I skipped Godzilla: King of the Monsters after reading some very lukewarm reactions to it but Kong: Skull Island was great fun i thought. Why is Gojira throwing a strop all of a sudden? I thought he was on the humans side.

2 Likes

Is it bad that I’m rooting for Godzilla? He’s my favorite giant lizard fren. <3

9 Likes

Worth checking out?

1 Like

Haven’t seen it.

Rotten Tomatoes 54%. Shrug.

2 Likes

Pet theory: That’s not actually Godzilla, but Mechagodzilla in a 'Zilla skin, as in 1974’s Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. Also, possibly, mind control, for which there have been hints in the previous movie.

5 Likes

Around 1:48 Eleven says something is provoking him so there we go, i’m hoping Gojira and Kong eventually hold hands and fight a bigger baddie.

5 Likes

I think that’s exactly what’s going to happen. I’ll be very surprised if Mecha Ghidorah doesn’t show up in this one, given the post-credit scene of KotM. Just the kind of thing that would get Godzilla and Kong to put aside their differences.

4 Likes

I need someone with some photoshop skillz to combine this:
And this:

8 Likes
1 Like