Goob: a notional paltrovian newage woozine generated by Botnik's AI

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/05/paltrovian-poes-law.html

4 Likes

Dr Expert is an instant BB icon!

8 Likes

Points for “paltrovian”

12 Likes

BoingBoing is clearly flirting with another copyright lawsuit. You may claim all this is “AI-generated”, but it’s obvious to even the most casual reader that this material was lifted verbatim from some as-yet-unidentified source in the Wooosphere. You can expect to hear from Ms. Paltrow’s attorneys very shortly.

9 Likes

I see the real, paid-for ad link equivalent of these below every post on BB.

Try mixing some AI generated ones in with the real ads, and we could all play a fun game of find-the-AI. Click the ad to find out if you guessed right… if not, BB gets money!

Probably very against the terms of the advertising contract.

3 Likes

It’s like watching the singularity unfold. This is how it begins: the machines start creating better nonsense than humans can. Positively spooky.

8 Likes

Um, I see this sort of shit regularly in the ads at the bottom of boing-boing’s articles. Perhaps you are running this code already? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_7:3

Some of these… they they almost sound like they could be GENUINE (for whatever that means) The Onion headlines made by hu-mans

Crap, I thought machines could never replace me.

3 Likes

I’m being replaced by a machine right now.

algorithm: @Papasan

4 Likes

Someone needs to train an AI on Infowars/Alex Jones’ marketing material of the same products, and then use the midpoint sentence between the Infowars-style and goop-style copy from Voyages In Sentence Space to create marketing copy on these products for a new vendor.

2 Likes

But do they have woo-filled smart salt lamps a-la the illustrious Boing Boing store?

2 Likes

It’s very funny, but I should not have had to right-click and open the image in a new tab by itself to be able to see it at a resolution that made all the text readable.

1 Like

This right here. That’s the stuff. Holy hell, I laughed so hard. Dr. John Benjamin Expert. Oh, lordy.

Also, a very fitting illustration that Poe’s law is applicable to many ideologies and practices.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.