Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Good. But also, I’ll need to remember to stay off the outdoors forums for a bit. They’re going to be angry (well angrier than normal).

5 Likes

Way outside of my comfort zone of science smarts but if this is true it has major implications of global proportions. Wars will be averted IMO.

16 Likes
12 Likes

“show 53 people were the victim of homicide in 2021/22“

About as many as a month in Philadelphia.

15 Likes

And for scale, Philadelphia has about 30% of the population.

14 Likes

Gee, I wonder what a major U.S. city has in more abundance, then, to facilitate the higher homicide rate?

/s

18 Likes

It’s the cheesesteaks?

19 Likes

Philadelphia Flyers Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF

16 Likes

Some people would kill for a proper cheesesteak.

15 Likes
16 Likes
17 Likes
25 Likes

St Patrick Ireland GIF by USA Kilts

14 Likes
11 Likes

Omg. This one. So adorable :heart_eyes: and really needs a good home with special people bc of her feet

12 Likes

Plan ahead for tomorrow!

15 Likes

Encouraging…

… but (excerpt)

“… their capacity for generating electricity has so far been restricted by their lack of efficiency compared to traditional solar cells.”

8 Likes

This isn’t really news but when I checked my Twitter feed that I rarely do to see if algorithms have changed this was the third post.

Dad’s are awesome, that’s encouraging.

For those that already banished Twitter.

19 Likes

After reading the article, I agree it was poorly phrased, but this caught my eye:

The latest development pushes the power conversion efficiency to between 28.4-30.2 per cent, while still maintaining long-term operational stability over 500 hours of testing.

From the abstract.

26 October 2022
Hydroxamic acid preadsorption raises efficiency of cosensitized solar cells
Yameng Ren, Dan Zhang, Jiajia Suo, Yiming Cao, Felix T. Eickemeyer, Nick Vlachopoulos, Shaik M. Zakeeruddin, Anders Hagfeldt & Michael Grätzel
Nature, 2022

The best performing cosensitized solar cells exhibited a power conversion efficiency (PCE) of 15.2% (independently confirmed 15.2%)

… with some tests showing 30% conversion. So that’s amazing

7 Likes

Fathers Day Dad GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

11 Likes