Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Some words of encouragement from Billy Bragg, who urges us to not to get cynical and not to give up.

Apologies for posting an interview with Jian Gomeshi. He’s got serious issues re #MeToo.

5 Likes
3 Likes

This. Entire. Thing!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://twitter.com/cctv_idiots/status/1327599834048716800

17 Likes

Jane’s Addiction > Steve Miller Band

4 Likes

So… an unarmed robbery was interrupted by an armed robbery… which was then interrupted by the aforementioned unarmed robbers?

19 Likes

Finland’s municipal politics exert huge influence over everyday life, but most foreigners don’t vote — even though the vast majority are eligible.

7 Likes

Strictly speaking, the skaters were shoplifting.

Robbery has violence baked into the legal definition.

But yeah, the shoplifters interrupted armed robbery.

I think I have watched and rewatched that clip a dozen times now. I am taken with the shoplifters’ quick thinking, initiative, and willingness to accept more risk. There’s something heroic happening in that 44-second clip. It’s not like they had a lot of time to think and organize.

12 Likes
17 Likes

If it was real.

11 Likes

I immediately thought it might be staged. Just too good for my cynical self to believe was spontaneous.
But even if it was staged, I’d totally watch that movie!

9 Likes

It’s not real. Some searching finds it’s an ad for the Facebook series Five Points.

13 Likes

I figured not; it flowed way too smoothly.

10 Likes

Doh. I would watch that show if it was on anything but Facebook. Bummer.

7 Likes
14 Likes

Ugh; same.

Rats!
And dang, it’s not real.

9 Likes

All that nit picking, and for nothing!

:wink:

9 Likes
6 Likes
17 Likes

11 Likes

So far, the research team has been able to cure diabetes in mice using a new stem cell process, and is hopeful that process will translate to humans.

15 Likes