Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

dave-grohl-rocking-out

Dude’s a good egg!

Nandi is a goddess!!!

12 Likes

Gary Kasparov say The Words That Must Be Said.
He is working the problem, speaking truth to power.
And he just won an award for it.

15 Likes

Timing…

… if you’re into radishes, art, radishes as art…

13 Likes

that looks like fun!
alas, Papi is in the Bahias de Huatulco, some 200 clicks from Oaxaca City on the Pacific coast.
meanwhile, OC, being way up in the mountains, grows the most excellent coffee, cannabis and some out-of-this-world 'shrooms :wink:

8 Likes

This crowd-sourced list of uplifting, life-affirming songs had me mentally compiling my own list, and as I read along I found some of those I was thinking about mentioned downthread of Amanda Palmer’s request:

Change Is Gonna Come and Redemption Song mentioned several times.
Oh what the heck, I’ll just put this here:

:cry:

47+ million views.
I guess that is good and encouraging.

12 Likes

Who’s a good boy?

15 Likes

The local humane society is partnering with the local public library to foster cats. They’ve been getting adopted at a steady rate, and bringing comfort to library staff and visitors in between. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

18 Likes
16 Likes

Trump’s “Joseph Goebbels” gets smacked down:

A federal judge has ruled against {Michael Pack] the head of the agency that runs the Voice of America and other U.S.-funded news outlets who was accused of trying to turn it into a propaganda vehicle to promote President Donald Trump’s agenda. Pack, a conservative filmmaker, Trump ally and onetime associate of former Trump political adviser Steve Bannon, made no secret of his intent to shake up the agency after taking over in June.

Judge rules against Trump global media chief after firings (msn.com)

16 Likes
27 Likes

This is awesome! So much diversity!
I wish we would do this everywhere. Between this and the more sensible culvert styles, we could live more easily with our wild friends.
So glad they included the trail cam to help people appreciate this!

14 Likes

sailor-moon-cute

11 Likes

I’m so happy! We drove on I-15 three years ago and there was so many dead deer. I hope they think about expanding the program.

14 Likes

General Motors Aligns With Biden, Pulls Out of Lawsuit Supporting Trump (msn.com)

164 business leaders urge Trump to begin presidential transition for the sake of the country (msn.com)

Republican national security experts call on Trump to concede, begin transition (msn.com)

New York Senate Democrats declare supermajority (msn.com)

Another GOP senator says it’s time to begin transition process to Biden administration (msn.com)

18 Likes

GOOD!

17 Likes

Holy Shit

I mean this literally. Holy.
I really really hope y’all have a few hours to listen to these.
Transformative. Funny. Beautiful.

Anthropologist Dr. Wade Davis has been a lifelong hero of mine, and I have been reading and listening to him for decades. It is a kind of travel, this video. Long may he continue his work and may his students and allies continue it. He challenges so many assumptions of (forgive me this trite phrase) the Western World. His message is such good medicine.

On a parallel path ethnobotanist Dr. Mark Plotkin about his work in the Amazon:

I love these beyond words.
I hope you enjoy them.

5 Likes
22 Likes

I see what she did there. :wink:

14 Likes

Are you sure? Because she had free period products… :smile_cat:

5 Likes

Surprisingly, the disasterous Pebbde Mine in Alaska looks pretty dead!! https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/trump-administration-denies-permit-divisive-alaska-mine-74401779

6 Likes