Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

9 Likes

Haha!

A brief history of ā€œreplacementā€ plans put forth as part of the ā€œrepeal and replaceā€ tactic:

15 Likes
16 Likes

Fake. Sorry.

11 Likes

I donā€™t care if Clooney wearing the shirt is fakeā€¦is the t-shirt itself fake? Thatā€™s the real question!

12 Likes

The truth is, Clooney has never worn a shirt. Every picture of him wearing clothes is a fake. George Clooney is responsible for the continued employment of hundreds of photo editors. Some would call him a hero.

13 Likes

Dang.

Yeah I still want oneā€¦ or that one with the cicada mission patch that says ā€œspend all summer outside screaming.ā€

:laughing:

7 Likes

I loved so much about this ad, and itā€™s a campaign ad.
Well, that is a first (for me).

Hoping for the best, and good luck to those reading this in Arkansas. W00t!

19 Likes

Wow! I loved that! Iā€™m going to put it in the election thread, too, if you donā€™t mindā€¦

8 Likes

Can I vote for him, please???

8 Likes
8 Likes

0_A6UzGQfE_-MseSeL

21 Likes

Right to Repair

14 Likes

Police break up demo

The Swedish-language daily Hufvudstadsbladet is among the papers reporting that on Sunday Helsinki police broke up a climate demonstration that had blocked traffic in parts of the city centre for four days.

Police took over 100 protesters into custody who were camping out on Mannerheimtie in front of Parliament, and another 20 or so who were blocking Unioninkatu.

ā€œThe situation is that we have arrested a hundred protesters and traffic on Mannerheimintie is flowing as usual,ā€ Helsinki police chief Jarmo Heinonen told the media at 9 pm on Sunday evening.

Police carried away protesters who refused to comply with an order to move out of the street.

The tabloid Iltalehti reports that the a total of 104 protesters (according to Yle information, that figure is 117) were arrested. Two of those taken into custody were minors and thus, not detained.

Heinonen said late on Sunday evening that it was still unclear how long those taken into custody would be held, adding that the police proceeded to make the arrests only in order to clear the streets.

According to Heinonen, the reason for the policeā€™s intervention was that, despite the negotiations, protesters refused to move from Unioninkatu which he described as a critical route for emergency vehicles.

Police has released them all and they are continuing their demo.

11 Likes

via Red Road to DC

9 Likes

Make yer own art, if youā€™re of a mind toā€¦

Fun fact: those unusual-looking black poly plastic pots pictured in the article are Rootmaker pots, and they work fantastically well to raise trees with healthy, nearly goof-proof root systems that ensure survival after transplantation.

I have used them to raise native trees from seed for hyperlocal revegetation projects for over 10 years. They are worth every penny.

11 Likes
16 Likes

As to why the SC rebuffed insurersā€™ requests for reimbursementsā€¦

ā€¦ excerpt: The Supreme Court left in place an August 2020 ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit that the insurersā€™ reimbursement for money owed could be offset by other income they received from the government in the form of premium tax credits.

6 Likes

Something to keep track of for updates; itā€™s a start.

8 Likes
8 Likes