Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Good. Those pro-life anti-choice creeps should get a life.

14 Likes
10 Likes

If we had this during the 1970s in Kansas, it might have kept so much of the national political arena from veering into right-wing nuttery in the current time.

12 Likes

Agreed. The modern GOP is a combination of the dog whistling 68 Nixon campaign “southern strategy” combined with the culture wars of the Moral Majority, coupled with Reagan’s hysterical, militant anti-communism.

13 Likes

Not to mention a lot of elements of Hitler’s Nazism.

8 Likes

I think that’s a newer, Trumpian addition, honestly, at least as it’s been fully incorporated into the equation. I think both Reagan and Thatcher found the dog whistling far more effective to the outright racism of someone like Trump or Johnson, because their core constituencies had actually fought Hitler and would not have accepted that kind of alignment outright. Now a days… that generation is nearly gone and the ones who are still around aren’t as sound of mind as they once were.

12 Likes

I do too, but when you wrote modern GOP, I was thinking you were including the Trump era. That you meant today’s GOP.

4 Likes

That would be Contemporary GOP – or rather, Ikea GOP.

5 Likes

:+1:

Here’s hoping it proves to be as flimsy as Ikea furniture.

9 Likes

It will fall over in 6 months.

16 Likes

True… I would say that the Nixon-Reagan-Bush years had a chance to go either way, and thanks to Trump ended up where it did, leaning into all the worse aspects of the previous iterations of the GOP.

9 Likes
19 Likes

Hey loners, don’t feel bad, you’re doing a good thing!

Loners are both an ecological and an evolutionary insurance plan, a way to diversify a genetic portfolio to ensure the survival of the social, collective behavior.

22 Likes

starship-troopers-doing-my-part

21 Likes

Still, loners have to multiply for society to benefit… :thinking:

Dungeons And Dragons Reaction GIF

15 Likes

You know, there was a time where the idea of being some kind of evolutionary experiment like that felt genuinely comforting. It might go somewhere or it might not. But either way it was part of the great stream of humanity, at worst one of the curious side eddies it throws off in the process, but part of it finding its way forward.

Now that it looks like the stream is busy making a mire to to choke itself off, it’s kind of less appealing and I think I’d rather have been put together to be happy instead.

9 Likes

Fulfilling a dream…at the age of 107:

16 Likes

AIUI, Britney herself isn’t opposed to the conservatorship as such, but to the abusive way her father used it. But, also AIUI, the new agreement makes it easier for her to demand changes in the conservatorship, if she needs to, in the future.

2 Likes

Still…Grown. Ass. Woman.

6 Likes
8 Likes