Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

13 Likes

More on the Lewis statue unveiling from local news…

16 Likes
12 Likes

The paddle boarders were quite cautious, knowing that otters can be cranky, but it really just wanted to hang out on the board and groom itself.

“It reminded me of my cat”

I know the behaviour well: it’s 5am and suddenly grooming time right beside you in bed…

11 Likes

The people pushed back against this:

Now the developer* involved was exposed and the plans were withdrawn:

:fist:t4:

Found Footage Video GIF by Eternal Family

Cockroach Roaches GIF

*I cannot believe they tried to use Tuskegee Airmen as a selling point in an anti-DEI state like Florida, either. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

Bastards. That’s just low, even for assholes like that.

9 Likes

I also like that RVMiles news podcast that you linked. Thank you for that!

5 Likes
10 Likes
9 Likes

GDPR compliance costs money. I’ve seen several US sites say they can’t run ads compliant so they block.

It’s a pity that non-intrusive ad companies aren’t the norm but if it costs people money and doesn’t earn any they don’t owe us anything. Hopefully tech regulation will take off in the US (Green shoots unthread!) and we can access US media that isn’t too big to fail/jail/care.

5 Likes
8 Likes

Good on them for flicking the chin to scalpers

7 Likes

And they’ve avoided giving ticketmaster a monopoly on the first sales as well. At least four different retailers have allocations for the UK dates.

7 Likes
18 Likes

Dolly Parton was in Lexington at the Lyric Theatre Tuesday to celebrate her program, Imagination Library, going statewide.

Now, every child in the Commonwealth from birth through the age of five can be signed up for the program to get a free book in the mail every month.

17 Likes
12 Likes
17 Likes

“Mr. President, we must not allow an icebreaker gap!”

And as a follow-up do something about global warming before there isn’t any ice to break left.

10 Likes

A one-man non-profit. Such a big heart. Amazingly humble. Just wow:

ETA: Michael Sheen. I didn’t see that Onebox had displayed the URL the way it does here.

9 Likes

Yes! I didn’t see this until now, but that is exactly the laugh to get me through the day. Thanks!

7 Likes