Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

I Know Right GIF by Magic Radio

9 Likes

derry-girls-michelle-slainte

10 Likes

8 Likes

Damn it all, @NukeML beat me to it… Oh well… how about Orla instead…

derry-girls-some-craic

8 Likes

Orla’s my fave!

7 Likes

She’s fantastic! Such an adorkable space cadet!

8 Likes
9 Likes

9 Likes

Archive link

14 Likes

Narrator: it is never simply a generational thing, really.
Because “it’s generational” is just a lazy generalisation and oversimplification.

8 Likes
12 Likes

The old laws are working:

9 Likes
10 Likes

Rescuers are bringing out 41 trapped construction workers from a tunnel in northern India - after they became trapped by a landslide on 12 November

Worker says first man rescued

The first man has been rescued from the tunnel, and the rest are following - according to Chandran, a worker who was responsible for getting food to the men inside the tunnel.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-asia-india-67551565

12 Likes

:exploding_head:

8 Likes
6 Likes

Not just good…excellent news!

12 Likes

Now let’s see what Meta does.

9 Likes

The lottery said the initial, incorrect numbers would have resulted in prizes ranging from $4 to $200 — officials didn’t specify how many people won. Anyone who got up early and cashed in a winning ticket will be able to keep the money.

7 Likes

This may seem like a small thing.
As a person who has struggled to keep newly planted trees alive, I promise you, it’s not.

There’s simply no way to expect the “plant more trees” argument is going to work IRL unless someone, somewhere, is monitoring the health of a transplanted tree until it is fully established.

https://hort.ifas.ufl.edu/woody/establishment-period.shtml

In colder climates, it takes longer, because plant metabolism is directly dependent on temperature (so trees grow slower).

In hotter climates, it takes longer, because of evapotranspiration and heat stress.

In all areas, trees must be protected from damage by people, animals, insects, disease, and climate breakdown.

Apart from all this, trees are really easy to plant. They are real work, and real responsibility, to water and tend. Throwing an acorn in the ground and hoping for the best is no longer a guarantee that it’ll make it as an oak tree… the odds have gotten a lot longer today.

15 Likes