Good explainer video on the 30-minute phone call that could end Trump's presidency

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/11/good-explainer-video-on-the-30.html

3 Likes

14 Likes

until the trump talk leaves the subjunctive I suggest that we are still fucked.

1 Like

In general, I like Vox explainers.

3 Likes

Ukraine (see how I didn’t say “The Ukraine” me am learnings!) is just the tip of the corruptionberg.

I’m still reading the Mueller Report but DAMN if HRC were ‘elected’ with this much help from the russkies she’d have been torn limb from limb on the Capital steps long ago.

I think all this crap about Biden’s son is just a ‘see they do it too!’ dodge for an impending Dummy Jr indictment… and it’s a two-fer as it smears Amtrak Joe. The Stupidest Watergate™

6 Likes

That’s the part that tickles me the most–if all of this ends up in Trump’s impeachment and knocks out Biden resulting in either Warren or Sanders to win the nomination, it’s like finding a winning lottery ticket wrapped in a $100 bill.

11 Likes

The best thing about this video is that it shows news footage from Ukraine where protestors are demanding that Shokin be fired, and that it also explains there were Republican congressmen who signed a letter asking Shokin to be fired. This completely eviscerates the “very very good prosecutor” argument – nobody thought he was any good.

Now they’re trying to frame it as “it’s not necessarily about Biden, Trump is just fighting corruption in general”-- except we all know what a joke that is (Michael Cohen, Tom Pruitt, Scott Price, Steve Mnuchin, Betsy DeVos. . . etc.)

5 Likes

Someone should get the president to watch this.

3 Likes

It is. Although I support any and all calls to make what Biden’s son did illegal, even if it wasn’t when he did it - we really need to clamp down on this shit.

8 Likes

The final line of the transcript has Zelenskyy saying something that has such a wonderful ring to it: “Thank you Mr. President bye bye.”

I just love those last two words. My only criticism for Zelenskyy here is that I wish he would have added “motherfucker” on at the very tail end, but, hey, I get it, he has to play like a diplomat.

3 Likes

I imagine every day in the white house goes something like this:

2 Likes

He might get impeached, but that’s it. The Senate isn’t going to vote to convict with Mitch at the helm.

1 Like

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.