Hunter Biden's Ukraine gig was corrupt, just not in the way Republican conspiracists claim it was

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/09/chip-off-the-block.html

8 Likes

Time for Joe to go bye bye, tainted by this Ukraine / Hunter self-dealing is just what the TGOP wants for obfuscation in the Impeachment inquiry.

22 Likes

Was it ever a good idea for Biden to be the candidate?

19 Likes

1 Like

Let’s make what Hunter and James Biden did illegal. That’s actually the only campaign promise that would even get me to think about voting Biden in 2020.

I don’t see how non-Trump Americans are even confused. Every 4 years I vote for who I think laid out the best plan for America’s future. There’s only one candidate out there that has a concrete plan for most things, and I think we all know who that is.

8 Likes

With a name like “Hunter” you know he’s going to be corrupt and/or play la crosse.

9 Likes

Imagine if his name were Hunter Killer! I’d, of course, call him “HK” for short.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Manafort.

13 Likes

Obviously no. The only thing Biden has going for him is people who aren’t dumb enough to vote for the man who yells and WINS, but are too dumb to think about a candidate beyond “Hey, I recognize that name. He was friends with the nice black man president.”

2 Likes

It seems like Biden has been mandated by the media as the Democratic front runner. I don’t know anyone who actually likes him as the nominee, but the media acts like it’s his race to lose. And if they do that enough, they’ll drag a bunch of votes his way at primary time. People are impressionable. Tell them Biden is front-runner enough times and some of them will start to think there must be a good reason for that.

They seemed to do the same thing with Trump in 2016. They stopped talking about the other candidates and focused on Trump 24/7, and bingo, he won the primary.

4 Likes

Let me fix that for you…

5 Likes

And yet the Dem establishment continues to insist that Biden will be the most effective opponent to Il Douche in the 2020 general election. We’re so screwed if they get their way.

8 Likes

The Dem establishment is desperately trying to hold onto the power and connections they once thought they had. Despite being repeatedly played for suckers and seeing their country go down a very dark path, they still think they can triangulate corporate America whilst throwing the occasional progressive platitude at the population so enough lefties fall in line.

Hard to blame them, it has worked well enough to secure their sinecures and make sure that they will not ever live in poverty. Completely fucks over the rest of the country, of course, but when has that been important in politics?

9 Likes

Corrupt/rich democrats who want to maintain the status quo want him. America wants change. America wants to fix this shit.

4 Likes

If they were Putin’s people then, they’re Putin’s people now. And they’re trying to give us Trump vs. Biden.

1 Like

Politicians, like everyone else, work in the interest of those who pay their salaries. Bernie’s campaign dollars come (overwhelmingly) from the 99%; so they’re the ones he’ll work for. Among the presidential candidates that have a real shot at winning, no others can say the same. The choice seems quite clear to me.

4 Likes

Which suggests that while the company was willing to pay $600k a year to rent the Biden name, and Hunter Biden was happy to get rich renting the name, Joe Biden was not being purchased for that money.

It would be corrupt for Biden to influence policy towards Ukraine to benefit the company that their son is on the board of. It would have been corrupt for Biden to use their position to help their son get that job. But a corporation hiring some idiot just because their dad is famous isn’t corruption, it’s just* the whole system being rigged to create an aristocracy.

I wouldn’t even be surprised if Joe Biden never once using public office to enrich themself or their family.

* Just that.

8 Likes

This is pretty much what I’ve been telling everyone since he kicked off his campaign at a Comcast Lobbyist’s money party. Joe Biden = Donald Trump minus some of the racism and some of the misogyny.

1 Like

It’s quite well documented that Putin’s team was specifically pushing for Bernie Sanders (and trump of course) and against establishment Dems. I have yet to see the indications or leaks or evidence that Biden has any or the same support of Russia behind his campaign as Trump or Sanders

2 Likes