"Good" guy with AR-15 rifle stands at school bus drop-off

You know, we may not be able to regulate guns, but we can certainly regulate “Good Guy with a Gun” signs or IDs of some sort. You don’t have to have one. But you can get one, if you pass the necessary background checks, pay the fee, do the training etc. Solely voluntary. But then at least you’d know that the yahoo with the weapon is at least making an effort to be conscientious. So, if you see someone with a gun, and no sign, you can be more careful. Doesn’t mean they aren’t a good guy with a gun, any more than my lack of PreCheck at the TSA line means I’m a terrorist. But if they had it, people could rest a little easier maybe, since they’d know the guy at least did the due diligence. I wonder if that could catch on…

3 Likes

We’ve been talking about it at home and wondering when some state in the USA merges Stand Your Ground, Good Samaritan, and Duty to Intervene laws into an omnibus law that obliges everyone in the general public to carry a gun in public and to actively engage shooters. Duty to Intervene typically now applies only to the police, but if everybody is part of the “well regulated militia” then all citizens now have the Duty.

Waiting for the first poorly-written Republican law that also inadvertently obliges you to shoot anyone else who is shooting, good guy or bad guy.

4 Likes

Naked because it’s the gun fetish they want us to see anyway. Nobody is going to get near a naked dude with a rifle.

2 Likes

No good.

Remember the Las Vegas concert shooter, He’s have had a “GGwG” card like you describe.

6 Likes

These sorts of listicles promote the idea

1 Like

I mean honestly I know that we can’t and I know why we can’t. Even if I get angry enough to push on that point, I’m aware of why the average citizens in the US can’t openly enter into a street war with gun cultists no matter how many of us get killed by them or because of them. Especially because their violent extremist cult controls the police and most of the politicians.

No one is going to do anything about it except kill more kids and terrorize the ones that get to live.

Ultimately, I think loitering around a school zone with an AR shouldn’t be protected speech for the same reason that waving a gun in the cockpit and saying you’re going to crash into a building shouldn’t be protected speech.

This is terrorism and should be treated as such.

But until the people who make laws care more about American lives than American bullets we are all nothing but fish in a barrel waiting to die.

19 Likes

I don’t want to be a good guy with a gun, I want to be a Freeman with a crowbar.

7 Likes

I remember the first time I went through Heathrow in the early 1990’s. There were soldiers with rifles everywhere and I did not feel safe at all. If I were a kid who has to catch the bus at that stop, I’d pee my pants every single day. Guns scare the shit out of me, so I guess I’d be damp and stinky on arrival at school.

14 Likes

Remember, there are people who want to normalize the carrying of long guns-- and protest vociferously if people ask them to stop.

Evidently children are now being required to participate in this experiment.

9 Likes

Oh, you mean…

We already have enough of that shit.

11 Likes

You will likely observe what happen in nuclear reactor between atoms but instead between people.

Yet, if someone stood near that same bus stop in drag, this asshole and those who support him would pitch a fit.

18 Likes

… how about both in drag and also with an assault rifle, at the same time :thinking:

6 Likes

Yes, and!
Just to remind everyone, this is the country that made LAWN DARTS illegal to sell.
We could do that… :woman_shrugging:t2:

(I know, I know, money, lobbyists, etc., but fucking a.)

8 Likes

The line between “selfish asshole willing to traumatize children” and “selfish asshole willing to murder children” is way, way too thin for my liking. He clearly doesn’t care about the kids and is willing to hurt them- he’s actively harming them right now by standing there threateningly with a big assault rifle.

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.