Good sale on self-healing cutting mats

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/15/good-sale-on-self-healing-cutt.html

It is a pity that they are only self-healing because when I cut myself while using one I had to go the hospital and have a doctor glue part of my finger back on.

7 Likes

Also folks need to remember self-healing is not the same as indestructible.

2 Likes

What, you don’t keep tubes of superglue around in case of cuts? It would have to be a very bad cut indeed to cause me to go to A&E; while camping I was slicing some wood for kindling for my little stove, the knife slipped and I cut my thumb down the side of the nail to the bottom of the nail. All I had with me was superglue and toilet paper, so I wrapped strips of paper round my thumb and soaked it in superglue, let it dry, then added more.
After a couple of weeks, the makeshift bandage fell off, and I was expecting the worst, but there wasn’t even a scar!
Of course, medical professionals would advise against doing this, but the nearest medical professionals were twelve miles away, and I didn’t want to bleed all over my car.

It must have been a lightning deal or my Amazon is different than your Amazon (we don’t all see the same prices for things). When I log in I see all the mats at regular price.

Everybody’s mileage may be different.

I have plenty of glue, but I don’t keep tetanus boosters in the house. I probably should.

1 Like

How do I know they’re not used?

1 Like

They don’t actually heal. They aren’t alive. They won’t sneak into your room and kill you. They aren’t bent on world domination puny human. mwahahahaa

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.