Goodbye, Spock

I watched a chunk of Star Trek IV last night, and I’ll watch the rest tonight.

What a great little movie. Begins with a great mysterious/threatening probe thing, introduces our old friends, time travels to what was “now” when the movie came out (TWENTY NINE FREAKING YEARS AGO?!?!?!) but whose San Francisco is starting to look just a bit exotic, morphs into one of the goofiest theft-capers of all time. The expected humorous patter is spot on.

You did good, Mr. Nimoy. Thank you. Thank you so much.

4 Likes

I only just started watching Star Trek last year. Spock was my favourite character from TOS. I still can’t believe he is gone. A friend of my posted on facebook. that she wished ‘The Search for Spock’ was real. I seconded her sentiment.

Aw geez. That’s hard to look at.

That is a beautiful and terrible composition. I think that with no words you have captured everything it is possible to say about this loss. Damn you. I was OK until I saw this. You have driven to the hilt the awareness that my life, my world can never be the same again. What did I ever do to you to deserve being hit with such a masterful piece of work?

Spock: Do not grieve, Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many, outweigh…

Kirk: The needs of the few.

Spock: Or the one. I never took the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

Kirk: Spock.

[Spock sits down]

Spock: I have been, and always shall be, your friend.

[he places a Vulcan salute on the glass]

Spock: Live long and prosper.

[Spock dies]

Kirk: No.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.