Leonard Nimoy, 1931-2015

[Permalink]

3 Likes

Rest in peace, friend.

13 Likes

:frowning:

29 Likes

As a forty-something with a mostly absent dad, as weird as this sounds, Spock was my role model for a calm-headed, sensible male… I know he could go half-cocked around the time of koon-ut-kal-if-fee, but he was generally wise, diplomatic and more interested in the intellectual approach. He made more sense than any of the adult males in my childhood. I’ll lament his passing as one might a long-absent father. Farewell, my dad from the stars.

47 Likes

Hail and farewell, director of Three Men And A Baby.

10 Likes

Lived long and prospered.

19 Likes

I also liked when he hosted In Search Of… Those episodes inspired so many interests and some vacations.

20 Likes

He told a wonderful story in both I Am Not Spock and I Am Spock, and retold it to William Shatner for inclusion in Get A Life!. It illustrated how connected Star Trek fans were even when the show was still on, and I think it pleased him to be part of something that brought so many people together.

On one trip to Salt Lake City, I was met at the airport and driven to a local motel. I had been preregistered and was taken directly to my room. As I turned the key in the door, the phone in the room was ringing. I walked in and answered. A young female voice said, “Is this Mr. Nimoy?” I said, “Yes, it is.” “Mr. Nimoy, I’m one of your biggest fans. I live in Denver and I just wanted to say hello and tell you how much I enjoy you on Star Trek.” I was startled, and I asked, “How did you find me?” She said, “I heard you were going to be in Salt Lake City, and I called all the hotels and motels until I got the right one.” I thanked her for calling, and explained that I had to get off the phone since I was due to make an appearance in five minutes. I hung up, changed clothes quickly, and within five minutes was headed for the door. The phone rang again. I went back, picked it up, and heard: “Mr. Nimoy, my name is Patricia. I’m in Chicago, and I just wanted to say hello.” I asked: “How did you find me?” The answer was very simple, “Mary in Denver called me…”

22 Likes

but that faithful old star
just shines on and on…

4 Likes

I liked the parody of them that he did on “The Simpsons” more:
“Hello, I’m Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of alien encounters is true. By true I mean false. It’s all lies. But they’re entertaining lies and in the end, isn’t that the truth? The answer is no.”

27 Likes

Go on ahead, you beautiful, pointy-eared bastard.

We’ll catch up with you on Genesis.

21 Likes

Even legends die.
Godspeed…

6 Likes

At ease, Mister Spock.

12 Likes

NOoooo!!! Spoooooooooooooooock!

Farewell, Mr. Nimoy. You’ve left an indelible mark on my being. You will be missed.

8 Likes

I looked at his twitter the other day, when he was admitted to a hospital. All his tweets ended with “LLAP”. It really warmed my heart when I realized what that stood for.

11 Likes

Thanks for the memories Mr Nimoy!

2 Likes

Don’t worry, Doctor Bell. The company is in excellent hands.

5 Likes

I´m actually crying right now.
Farewell.

7 Likes

Any chance Leonard-Nimoy-with-a-goatee is still alive?

18 Likes

Spock has returned to Vulcan! We wish him farewell, and thanx for so many amazing memories. LLAP indeed, Spock!

4 Likes