Google claims it's figured out how to make a time crystal

Google, do you want Sleestaks? Because this is how you get Sleestaks!

4 Likes

2 Likes

Yes, but will it take me back to 1976 to say I’m sorry?

1 Like

Oh please, that’s been a thing for ages and ages.

Another matter phase is flauschig, according to my SO.
Apparently a state of transcendence she enters when I give her a back rub, so who am I to argue.

2 Likes

There may be a joke in here somewhere… but I thought those were for power supplies. (I built one, once; didn’t go up in smoke but didn’t work, either…)

1 Like

A power supply is a radio with a boring station.

Traditionally, crystal radios only use one diode for half-wave rectification. That probably dates back to when the diode was the most expensive part of the radio.

I have a parts drawer with at least a dozen Germanium diodes*, so why not use 4 diodes for twice the signal output? (I have seen circuits with two diodes and a coil center tap. That’s full-wave rectification, but half the voltage.)

* they produce a warmer sound.

3 Likes

Guess I got some readin’ to do, as I had the same question. And I have built both a full wave rectifier power supply and an AM/FM radio; the former courtesy of high school electronics, the latter courtesy of HeathKit because I really am that old. But obviously some things have not been recalled with perfect fidelity.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.