Google Earth image of crashed UFO may not be that

“You’re telling me it was a snow job?”

2 Likes

2 Likes

Clipped the top of the mountain, then crashed.

2 Likes

And rolled down it on the way.

2 Likes

Well… maybe the UFO penetrated the top of the mountain, lost momentum and most of its structure, remained skied down the slope to final resting place. Perhaps the Royal Geographic Society could ‘pony’ up exploration funding before the Norwegians beat everyone to it.

2 Likes

I don’t think an Eagle could operate on Earth. I am trying to think back if they landed one on any of the large planets they visited, and how it was supposed to work.

(maybe thats why it crashed).

2 Likes

It could (and could not) if the script said so and if it was vital to the plot line.

4 Likes

And if there is one thing we know about Eagle Transporters is that they crash with monotonous regularity.

1 Like

On its first appearance in 1942 (Superman #17), it had no proper name (just a “secret citadel”) and it was located on a “remote mountain peak” (later retconned to be somewhere in the Rocky mountains, IIRC):

Wikipedia says it got the name “fortress of solitude” and its location in “polar waste” by Superman #58 in 1949. I’m downloading that issue now and will check it out later today.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a baby from one of these:

1 Like

I see a cute caterpillar.

1 Like

It is getting close to Towel Day (May 25th), isn’t it?

1 Like

In case anyone wants to have a look around themselves: -54.661923, -36.196230

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.