Crashed UFO in Colombia actually belongs to Google

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/15/crashed-ufo-in-colombia-actual.html

1 Like

Crashed UFO in Colombia actually belongs to Google

Doesn’t everything belong to Google now?

8 Likes

Aha! Proof that Google is run by space aliens. After all, who else would own a UFO?

11 Likes

“designed to extend Internet connectivity to people in rural and remote areas worldwide.”

About as well as rural internet in the US, then?

5 Likes

Google Loons actually have ADS-B transmitters, so you can view them using flight tracking software. They kind of drift aimlessly about the stratosphere.

Lots of Loons over South America, including these 3 over Manaus:

6 Likes

Most of the time, such devices would have ID information printed all over them. I found one instance of a piece of paper taped to one of them with a phone number on it, but most of the images I can find don’t have any obvious identifying data.

7 Likes

That is what they want us to believe.

2 Likes

Well, until it was identified it was U and O, not so sure about the F part.

8 Likes

Had it landed on a remote Pacific island, it would have been an entire episode of Gilligans Island.

4 Likes

‘Falling’
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

“Be careful now, little buddy, that thing looks fragile!”

(crash)

“Gilligan!!!”

3 Likes

HARMLESS SCIENCE EXPERIMENT

very suspicious. what is Google hiding?!?

8 Likes

I would not go that far. It seems more likely that they have more faith than is reasonable that their device will remain airborne, and never need to be identified by someone finding the wreckage.

Brings a whole new meaning to, My internet connection has crashed…internet down!

5 Likes

Happened already. Season 3 episode # 22, February 20, 1967

3 Likes

Remind me to put one of these stickers on my death ray.

7 Likes

sigh

I don’t mean to be a wet blanket, I really don’t, but UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object.

Before, it was unidentified.

Now, it’s identified.

There’s nothing wrong with listing an unidentified flying object as a UFO because that’s what it is.

People who like to make snarky comments make it hard to take anyone seriously if they report a UFO. Well, them, and crackpots who automatically assume that UFO == aliens.

1 Like

Keep drinking that tasty Kool-Aid. But seriously, it’s actually a GooFO.

1 Like

If the wife sees that she will likely have a t-shirt made for me…
Her version of this:

Edit: I’m assuming that they hid “mostly” under the tape

10 Likes

Now that it has been identified it is just an O.

5 Likes