Google "July 4" and a fireworks animation plays over breaking news of a mass shooting

Originally published at: Google "July 4" and a fireworks animation plays over breaking news of a mass shooting | Boing Boing

5 Likes

< chef’s kiss.gif >

Sometimes the best satire is unintentional.

14 Likes

Could anything be more American?
:sob:

16 Likes

Celebrating the 4th is blatantly surreal these days anyway even without the lazy cute.

11 Likes

appears to be disabled now, or it’s just not working for me

7 Likes

I was debating this with myself earlier and I ended up deciding that celebrating my country wasn’t necessarily a bad thing, so long as I was mindful of all the bad actors at play.

Edit: To clarify, what I mean is that the 4th should be a day of celebration for the country but also a day to reaffirm your belief that the country can be pulled back from the precipice it currently stands on.

15 Likes

Algorithmic cruelty knows no limits, just surprised it’s not Meta doing the Black Mirror cosplay yet again.

9 Likes
4 Likes

One of my favorite sight today was where the groups marching in our local parade were queuing up. A woman Cosplayer in Samurai-styled Mandalorian armor decked out in red, white and blue waving a flag and moving to the music of an indigenous dance group. An apt microcosm of the kind of country I want to live in.

7 Likes

He got away, all the good guys with a gun must have been searing steaks at the grill, or something.

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

7 Likes

SCOTUS r/w activists are working on that right now.

3 Likes

If you search on any day of the week on Google it will be accurate if news about a mass shooting in the U.S. is in the background.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.