Google Maps pulls feature that shows how many mini-cupcakes it takes to walk somewhere

I don’t really mind one way or the other. Though having an estimated calories burned would be a feature i would likely toggle on if given the chance.

3 Likes

Why is it always so hard to find Ding-Dongs? I sense an anti-Ding-Dong sentiment in the convenience market.

Here’s my million dollar pitch for any VCs out there reading this.

Right before you order/start cooking, you put the food/ingredient list in an app. This immediately gives you an aproximate calorie count for those six slices of pizza on your plate and tells you how far you have to walk to burn the excess calories and still stay within your ideal caloric intake for the day.

You then proceed to eat just one slice of pie with a glass of water and proceed to game on the couch to forget about being hungry. Congratulations, you should now lose weight without actually having to do any bit of extra exercise.

/s

Pie with water? Were you raised in a cellar?

2 Likes

I bet Boing Boing would consider Ding Dongs to be a male snack.

6 Likes

Ideally, they draw it at “don’t be a dick”.

Nobody is suggesting a ban on all public mention of food. Some people pointed out that hitting recovering ED patients with an unwanted surprise calorie counter is a fucking dangerous thing to do [1].

I had the same thought [2] the first time I saw this story mentioned; I am pleasantly surprised to see Google fix their error this quickly.

[1] Eating disorders are amongst the most dangerous of mental illnesses. The fatality rate is shockingly high.

[2] I.e. “fuck me, that’s dangerously clueless. I hope none of my ED friends were ambushed by that”

4 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

Don’t forget butter.

2 Likes

While it’s a little absurd to call cupcakes lady food, it’s entirely absurd read ‘particularly’ to mean exclusively. You also appear to have added to what was said, and then responded in a seeming upset way to what you’ve added?

You just sound so… disappointed

idgaf, just confused why say that cupcakes are feminine. I just thought they were tasty.

4 Likes

Girl snack, carried by men. Substitutes are available…

1 Like

2 Likes

I’d love to have a “choose units” menu including
Calories
Cupcakes
Hamburgers
Chocolate chips

et al. If the food choices were new every day it would be fucken awesome… probably not something I’d use seriously, but something I’d play around with.

1 Like

It’s almost time for consuming leftover Halloween candy. Can it be set for M&M-sized stuff with an alarm?

Step, step, step, step, step, step, beep! Gromph!

4 Likes

Foot long hot dogs! At least then there would be a standard measure of sorts!

they really are! I hear you there, man.

1 Like

Well, here’s another one for the “twee use of exclamation point not an improvement” files; which are voluminous.

Is this just part of the ongoing ‘have the computer pretend to be your friend in an attempt to keep user engagement numbers up’ nightmare; or did someone actually think that “cutesy and inane” was the correct register for this sort of data?