Girl Scout puts shirtless 'Aquaman' hunk on cookie box and sales soar

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/19/girl-scout-puts-shirtless-aq.html

9 Likes

Brilliant; good for them, and I hope no frivolous lawsuits arise from this.

23 Likes

If nothing else, this supports the other meaning of “cookies”.

4 Likes

That’s how they sold so many little chocolate donuts: spokesman John Belushi

11 Likes

It is a good day to be bisexual and like cookies.

14 Likes

That’s seems a bit testica-normative from where I’m sitting.

3 Likes

From what you’re sitting on?
:smiling_imp:

5 Likes

I guess the makers of the knock-off copies of Girl Scout cookies will have to hire the other actor now.

20 Likes

Girl Scouts will be inspired to get really inked up.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Gives me hope for the future when these kids show initiative.

16 Likes

I think getting your parents to design custom packaging so you can be top cookie shill sucks.

27 Likes

i’m sad that it was an idea her mother, a marketer, came up with, and that it wasn’t the girl’s idea. if the girl had the idea and started making the boxes herself, and then her mom recognized how smart it was and helped her, i feel it would be so much cooler. i hate when over-achieving parents use their kids to fulfill their own ambitions.

YES, thank you. i agree.

23 Likes

Great, now I’m gonna have to have my kid’s Cub Scout Den tape a bunch of boobs all over the popcorn bags this year just to stay competitive.

26 Likes

Really? Do you really think Jason Momoa and Warner Brothers have no legal rights regarding image representation here? I mean yeah, they’d be stupid to go after a Girl Scout, but it’s still a bit iffy for the Girl Scout an her Mom to be using other people’s images for commercial purposes.

Again, I’m not saying that they should be sued, just that it was a bad idea.

11 Likes

Imagine the conversations between Warner Bros legal and marketing right now about whether to assert their copyright in the photo and get pilloried or not assert and be seen to be not defending their right. Not to mention Momoa’s lawyer likely leaping to protect his right to publicity under California Civil Code - CIV § 3344. They would be well-advised to cut the girl a royalty free license and publicly warn anyone else against doing the same thing.

Her mother, the marketing professional, should know better.

Cease and desist in 3 -2 -1 …

13 Likes

Hey now, they are just fighting for equality. Sex sells and now the girls are using it to their advantage.

Package? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Yeaaa! You tell that little girl! Bonus points if you make her cry!

4 Likes

Geez… i wasnt getting that at all. Looks like a social media joke turned into obvious great idea, why not do it? Because it is too closely related to the field of the parent? Maybe the mom and child are both having a great time with this and they are both learning and growing?
Meanwhile there are hundreds of thousands of office cubes with sign up sheets that have zero to do with the child or their development.

5 Likes