Google's API changes mean only paid enterprise users of Chrome will be able to access full adblock

No, Woodchuck45 pointed out above that I’m wrong. You can. Here’s a screenshot of what all you can sync:

(Source: Mozilla Support)

1 Like

To be fair i wasn’t aware it was a thing until a few weeks ago, i knew you could sync bookmarks for sure and was a bit surprised when my extensions popped up on the browser at work.

So BB editors remove an image of a dead cat (from a distance) for a post about tumblr due to reader sensitivity and yet think eye surgery pics are a good idea? Yikes.

3 Likes

Eh, Nope. Once your browser sends some IP packets all bets are off, and the content coming back can be laden with malware and other malarky that your puts your entire system at risk.

1 Like

But entire plausible for Google.

It doesn’t pipe all your traffic through Pi-hole. (The Pi’s bandwidth limits would be bad for that.) It intercepts your DNS lookups, converting domain names to IP addresses.

It can see which sites you visited, and the sites that those pages pull in, but it doesn’t see your actual Internet traffic.

2 Likes

"As O’Brien passed the telescreen a thought seemed to strike
him. He stopped, turned aside and pressed a switch on the wall. There was a sharp snap. The voice had stopped.

Julia uttered a tiny sound, a sort of squeak of surprise. Even in the midst
of his panic, Winston was too much taken aback to be able to hold his
tongue.

‘You can turn it off!’ he said.

‘Yes,’ said O’Brien, ‘we can turn it off. We have that privilege.’"

3 Likes

Not quite my experience. 1Blocker works reasonably well, but doesn’t hold a candle to ublock origin. Esp. those pesky “disable your adblocker” notifications don’t get filtered at all. The developer of 1Blocker himself says that Apple’s blocking API is limited at the time.

This is good news in my book. Google Chrome shows it’s true face before firefox is completely dead.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.