Google's Pixelphone leaked, is just another boring phone

So it’s an iPhone for people who don’t want iOS?

4 Likes

Always copying apple…

5 Likes

I don´t get excited for phones, but I suppose it will run Android smoothly and get timely OS updates, so that´s something.

3 Likes

Needs more turtleneck.

1 Like

You included the perfect quote. Video for non-devotees.

4 Likes

Would have been better if they removed about 50% of the price. Not so revolutionary, but maybe worth the money.

2 Likes

Yes but not all Nexus phones have SD slots…

2 Likes

This is what makes it different from every other (non-iOS) phone.

2 Likes

Seems the choices are iOS and Android.

Can’t get less interesting than that at this point.

You know what would be cool? A device with a vectrex-style screen instead of a pixel-based one. Who’s with me?

4 Likes

And he’s dismissing the phone before it’s even announced. The new software features that make this phone less than boring are not yet known.

It might be a bit… bulky, what with the CRT and everything, but… sure. Hell, Apple might do it.

“Did you like it when we removed the venerable audio jack, a technology so universal and so perfectly suited to its use as to be invisible? Then you are going to love what we remove next. COLOR. Also your phone weighs twenty pounds now. We are Apple. We could sell you actual bricks.

6 Likes

Smartphone user interfaces are horrible, and getting worse all the time.

So much fun to try to figure out a set of tiny icons bearing no easily recognizable relationship with any function or object, that change randomly with every major update.

Learning these UIs from a basis of no knowledge is exactly like playing one of those old “click everything randomly and see what happens” games, like Myst. Only even less fun.

It’s going to be sad when the designers of these things get older and realize that everything they’ve built is designed for people with young eyes, ears, fingers and brains. Unimaginative idiots basically can’t design for anyone but themselves, and have complete contempt for the less abled.

1 Like
1 Like

Is that what was inside the safe? It seemed small for that, but considering that the discussion of what is inside has included elephants, I suppose there’s no telling what might fit!

3 Likes

Were you expeting it to not look like a smartphone?

I am legitimately confused by the attitude expressed in this post.

2 Likes

Eh, seems fine. I’m finally moving on from a windows phone, and I’ll probably buy whatever Google is selling. Price permitting, though.

2 Likes

Same here. Windows Phone users seem to be a low-maintenance bunch. (Source: I’m one of them.)

2 Likes

It helps that we’re used to a lack of apps, propably :wink:

4 Likes

$650 and up, apparently.

Yikes. I guess it’ll be some Samsung or LG then.

2 Likes