Google's Pixelphone leaked, is just another boring phone

Ditto. Any phone that offers financing as a payment option is off my list.

3 Likes

How you know @beschizza doesn’t have something like this:

As an aside, I picked up a new tv the other day and it has a fucking malware scanner built into it. How wild is that?

5 Likes

I thought we were talking about novelty, something that isn’t boring. If you want practical, you buy an iPhone.

(Not clear on why you even brought up the audio jack port. There was never anything novel or cool about that.)

1 Like

I’ve got a brilliant idea. Now sit down. Don’t want you falling over…
How about pricing the phones at a reasonable price point. I know you tried that with the earlier Nexus’s. I mean sure. The Nexus 4 was a reasonably priced phone and probably one of your biggest success. But don’t let that deter you from repeating the mistake of pricing like “We want people to think they’ve got a premium phone, but really it’s wasted money”

There are Windows Phones!!! HELLO? Anyone?

2 Likes

I’ve a friend who has one. Is it boring? I don’t know. Seemed impolite to ask.

I assume he can mess with other people’s power points with it, but I don’t know if that’s true, since I basically just made that up.

2 Likes

I have a 950. A decent phone. I like the OS. I think it has the best calendaring I’ve used. There is definitely an “App Gap” but most things I need are there.

The Windows Continuum (Use a full size keyboard, mouse and monitor with your phone) is really nice, but it is rare that I am some place that has the necessary hardware so I can use it AND I don’t have a laptop more available.

But, I can project from my phone to the Surface Hub in the conference room, so that’s kinda like messing with other people’s powerpoint.

1 Like

Boring, then. If you can get stuff done, even what you need, it’s boring. No vectrex for you!

Like iOS and AppleTV, then. It’s amazing, but still also boring (in context).

The trajectory of Windows Phone OS development was, at one point, very promising. Since then, the OS has evolved slowly and third-party developers still aren’t taking advantage of its strengths such as Live Tiles.

For a brief while, I’d hoped that the Windows Phone OS was an indication that Microsoft had molted its conservatism in favor of experimentation and innovation. Then I saw the logo for their ‘new’ browser, Edge.

2 Likes

A blue “e” with sorta swoopy thing.

Yeah…not gonna cause any confusion or break from the past.

Oh and let’s make the configuration tool to force IE11 to open specific sites in specific modes…let’s call Enterprise Mode “Edge Mode” so you’re opening files in IE11 “Edge Mode” to keep them from opening In Edge (the Browser)

Sure. Whatever. Nothing more Bourbon can’t make right.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.