Goose found in flight control system of crashed helicopter

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/06/goose-found-in-flight-control-system-of-crashed-helicopter.html

You are a horrible goose… :swan: :helicopter: :boom:

6 Likes

So let’s see the roster now. Cocaine hippos, boat-eating orcas, golf-course-destroying javalinas, Everglades-destroying pythons, helicopter-killing geese and drone-destroying owls. It’s quite a list! If the moose get into the act, we are in trouble.

14 Likes

My father had a major Goose strike once. He was flying his plane late at night and all of a sudden multiple BANGS. His windshield was covered in guts and he couldn’t see properly, his controls were not acting right etc. Luckily he was close(ish) to an airport where he could make an emergency landing. He pulled up to a fuel depot and the guys came out to meet him to see if he was ok. He got out and the fuel guy said something like “Holy $&@# you were just flying that?” Most of the rudder was gone, the prop was bent to hell, there were 2 massive dents in the wings. He flew though en entire flock of geese.

5 Likes

This sounds like a problem for the engineer, you don’t pay a pilot to put them in there…

Edit- It’s not a goose it’s a feature!

ok all done

3 Likes

there are two species I would genocide if I had the ability: mosquitos and those fucking honkers (yes mosquitos are many species and it would be an ecological problem, don’t care, kill them all)

those fucking honkers

Good news! Bag limit in season around here is 5 Canada Goose per day, 15 in possession, and there’s 16 days per year in two seasons when hunting is allowed.

Also, they’re delicious, and there are places that will clean and pluck your bird free, so long as they get to keep the down and feathers.

1 Like

I’m down with this (I’ll see myself out now…)

4 Likes

Obligatory…

9 Likes

images

8 Likes

Damn Cobra Chickens. Their rage knows no bounds.

images (1)

10 Likes

Don’t forget the plague monkeys

2 Likes

What Australians are scared of in Canada

5 Likes

Our local specialty: politician-biting groundhogs.

2 Likes

Hey, man, can we import some of those? We have a plethora of the garden-eating variety, but a politicianovore? Yes, please!!

4 Likes

I read that as a goose “at the flight controls” rather than “in the flight controls” and thought “Yup, that’ll do it. You never let a goose fly your helicopter. That’s like Piloting 101.”

8 Likes

3 Likes

“No, I said that there was something goose in the cockpit.”

3 Likes

I thought Goose flew fighter jets?

6 Likes

I hear it in my goose…

2 Likes