GOP candidate claims he's blocked from Google, but his site tells Google not to index it

Option 3: he stiffed the designer of his website, so they “neglected” to turn off the toggle that stops indexing while the site is under construction.

6 Likes

And every WordPress plug-in makes it as dumb as a bag of squirrels with hammers. (How can a frigging theme be a security risk?)

It happens.

https://tonyortega.org/2017/05/22/google-helps-scientology-censor-two-more-of-our-stories-maybe-you-can-help-us-figure-out-why/

I checked and found the nofollows on a number of pages, reported it. Never did hear how it happened. Embarrassing. And the technical person for the site is no dummy.

2 Likes

Oh, I can answer that: because everyone puts functionality that should be a plug-in into either their theme files or functions.php.

“ooh! look how the librul tech companies are picking on me! WhaAaaH”

Sigh. Their oppression fetish knows no limits, does it?

2 Likes

Probably not much of a reader either.

Guy whose party is wholeheartedly into censorship complains about being censored when it’s not even really true. So many levels of fuckery and dumbfuckery at play here.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.