GOP consultant gives sinking Trump some sage advice: "Sir, you need to shut up" (video)

Donald Trump has the right to remain silent. This consultant, and likely the lawyers he’s had in the past as well, advise him to exercise that right.

But pleasing prosecutors and displeasing a lot of the people who have to listen to his verbal diarrhea, he doesn’t have the ability.

9 Likes

This is of course what Trump ought to do to help his campaign, but a terrible recommendation. Because if a candidate needs to be silent for people to vote for them, rather than showing the electorate who they are and what they stand for, they should lose. It’s kind of the whole point of democracy and making an informed choice.

23 Likes

Frank Luntz has been a piece of shit from the moment he was born.

4 Likes

Oh, like Trump will heed the advice of anyone who dares criticize him.

“Nobody puts Baby Donnie in the corner!”

6 Likes

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

That’s the thing; Americans don’t want Project 2025, and that’s all the policy he has. At least when he’s insulting and whining and gibbering, his base likes it. Even most of them wouldn’t like a calm, rational, policy-focused T**** talking like a policy wonk about even more tax breaks for billionaires and losing their health insurance and helping drug companies jack up prices. That’s not what they signed up for.

13 Likes

He is his own downfall. When he took office in 2016 all he had to do was keep his mouth shut and he would have had a really good chance to have been reelected in 2020. But he couldn’t help himself and here we are today.

2 Likes

And presumably start focusing on policy, that thing that Trump can’t talk about (because he knows nothing about anything, and the guys making his policies are crafting incredibly unpopular ones). Yeah, sounds like something that will happen.

6 Likes

He’ll have it in two weeks!

11 Likes

In the meantime, he’ll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamberder today.

15 Likes

Or increase production to drive down the price – except petro stockholders wouldn’t like that. They want the price and profits high.

As usual, he’s FOS.

6 Likes

Animated GIF

14 Likes

I’m sure you enjoyed Trump’s latest comments about why the Medal of Freedom is better than the Medal of Honor:

“‘It’s actually much better because everyone gets the Congressional Medal of Honor,’ Trump said. ‘They’re soldiers. They’re either in very bad shape because they’ve been hit so many times by bullets or they’re dead. [Adelson] gets it, and she’s a healthy, beautiful woman. They’re rated equal, but she got the Presidential Medal of Freedom and she got it through committees and everything else.’”

He seems to be saying, if you’re injured, scarred, full of bullet holes … yuck.

How any member of our armed services could support this guy boggles my ever-loving mind.

13 Likes

You know he’s full of shit as I don’t even think that could even theoretically work, with just US oil production - you couldn’t increase domestic supply enough to have that much of an impact, even if you were willing to utterly tank profits. He was talking about reducing prices “50 to 70%.” Gas prices went down, what, 50% during covid, in response to the value of a barrel of oil going negative? (The US is currently producing more oil than it was under Trump, ironically.) Doubly true for electricity, where fuel doesn’t represent that significant a percentage of costs. There’s not even remotely a mechanism for this without massive government take-over of the entire energy market (which obviously isn’t going to happen under Trump) and having energy being massively subsidized by taxpayers (i.e. taxes go up).

It’s hilarious bullshit on his part - even better was the promise he made in his “economics” press conference where he explained how he was going to drive down prices overall. He was going, on “day one,” to give an order to reduce prices… to his cabinet. Yeah, that should do it.

On a daily basis I scream out loud, “how can anyone take this fucker seriously?!”

Seems like he’s cutting back on even those promises - he usually only says that when cornered by the press, and I don’t know if the press are only giving him softball questions these days, or he’s simply responding with answers that are empty gibberish instead of promising actual policy positions in the future.

5 Likes

If I ever went to a sci-fi convention I would rock up in that outfit.

and only say, “Two weeks!” to anybody who spoke to me.

6 Likes

Brutiful!

2 Likes

Ooops!

11 Likes

But crowd sizes are an issue. For Trump.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.