GOP consultant gives sinking Trump some sage advice: "Sir, you need to shut up" (video)

Originally published at: GOP consultant gives sinking Trump some sage advice: "Sir, you need to shut up" (video) - Boing Boing

13 Likes

Not a Trump consultant, so talk is cheap.

18 Likes

To be fair, Trump’s consultants won’t be paid either.

You need to stop behaving like a petulant child

What, and alienate his base?

43 Likes

Of all the versions of “How the hell could anyone who is not an mean old white straight rich man support that foul blob!?” the one that stands out (for me) is applying that to any veteran or member of the military. (coming from a military family on both sides, trump’s foul remarks about the selfless defenders of the country, and his own sorry butt, really repeatedly sticks in my craw @#$!)

33 Likes

14 Likes

So this guy’s message is that Harris is weak on the economy and immigration and Trump would win if he talks about those issues? Jesus. Can the media please stop perpetuating the myth that Republicans are better on the economy and just actually report the current economic data? It’s pretty fucking good! MSNBC, even including Joe Scarborough, is actually finally doing this. But CNN is still stuck in “Democrats bad for economy” mode, apparently.

34 Likes

I’m glad Frank Lunz is having a bad day. I hope it gets much much worse for him. This sack of crap is one of the feckless bastards who helped enshittify and enable some of the nastiest features of the current political climate.

Fuck that guy.

31 Likes
20 Likes

Agreed - the BBC keep having him on and somehow always manage to forget to mention his GOP connections.

13 Likes

If he shuts up now, how is he going to test all of his new prop comedy material?

21 Likes

I could live with that.

13 Likes

Is he a big, strong consultant, with tears in his eyes?

28 Likes

absolutly. keep digging that hole, donnie, til you fit right in.

13 Likes

The one thing he can’t do. I suspect being told to shut up makes it even more impossible for him.

It’s especially funny given that the economic policies Trump has unveiled would all do the reverse of what he’s claiming they’ll do (e.g. they’ll all increase consumer prices, while he promises he’ll lower prices). Now he’s just making absurd promises that aren’t even supported by any policy (that he’ll cause energy and gas prices to go down by at least 50%*). It’s such a joke that anyone is taking him seriously.

*Which… gas prices went down during his administration, something his supporters now give him credit for, because demand during covid went through the floor. Is he promising to shut down the global economy to make it happen again? Though even he realized it was a promise too far, as he immediately, in subsequent sentences, started backpedaling, saying that people would be pleased with what he did even if it didn’t go down that much…

14 Likes

So all Trump needs to turn this around is to embrace the polar opposite of everything he has embodied for the entireity of his public life.

Trump has always been a petulant child. It’s the voters who have finally started to get tired of what he’s selling.

13 Likes

Hey Tromp,

Keep Talking Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

19 Likes

This, and Nikki Haley advises him to “stop whining.”
Might as well ask him to stop metabolizing oxygen.

12 Likes

Please? Tell him it’ll really own the Libs…

12 Likes

The really awful part is that if he did somehow manage to act vaguely well for a couple of weeks, pundits across the board would be falling over themselves to talk about how he has turned a corner, grown up, acted presidential etc. As if the last 9 years were just a distraction and it will all be better now.

Any voters who were fooled by some brief interlude of feigned sanity could only be properly understood as morons.

15 Likes

Mel Brooks Morons GIF

15 Likes