GOP group bullies donors who don't give every month: "We will have to tell Trump you're a DEFECTOR"

Originally published at: GOP group bullies donors who don't give every month: "We will have to tell Trump you're a DEFECTOR" | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Here’s the full page, in all its grifty glory:

29 Likes

Ok!

8 Likes

When this doesn’t get enough donors, the next update will be:

“We’ll have to tell a mob of Qanon Qultists that you’re a child sex trafficker!”

Then “We’ll have to let the media know that you are on Jeffrey Epstein’s passenger list!”

Then “We’ll have to tell your neighbors that you ::gasp:: drank Coke after Coca-Cola opposed our efforts to disenfranchise voters in Georgia!”

30 Likes

I got on their mailing list because a million years ago, AOL sold their customer list and listed all sub-accounts as under the name of the master account owner. So I get conservative stuff there meant for my father.

This stuff isn’t new. NRCC is kinda always this scammy.

16 Likes

If I tried a con job like this , I have Police arresting me and charges brought in court.
Somehow if you the election committee for a US President , you can con others out of their money and have no charges brought,

14 Likes

This is a red-hot-poker-up-the-ass version used successfully by prosperity gospel televangelists who instead promise wealth, health, etc. The GOP promise that if you don’t pay up, you will be branded as a traitor and Trump-God will be displeased.

23 Likes

And here I was thinking the headline was hyperbole! Fool me once, shame on… shame on you.
Fool me…
you can’t get fooled again.

10 Likes

22 Likes

That’s too causative (with evidence trails).

The modern way would be to have an Augmented Reality Stochastic Terrorism Gig game app. Load the map with red and blue dots from the voter lists, add on info from the Facebook data dumps, then add yellow ones for the defectors, and a navigate button.

Then tack on a half-assed Q-based game for implausible deniability.

“Defector, I Qs you!”

6 Likes

This is abusive partner 101.
GOP are revealing themselves as the abusive partner they’ve been all along (or maybe at least since the ‘50s?). But now they’ve gaslit enough people to make it okay?
I imagine the scene from horror movies where we learn that “the call is coming from inside the home,” but then everyone in the home is like, “YAAAAAAAA, GO Team!” As they starve and their family dies around them…

22 Likes

Heh heh… But at least unlike televangelists, I’m not going to go to Hell if I don’t give the republicans money, right? I mean tRump’s not a god (yet)…

(hmm… pre-selected group conditioned to grifting and cult indoctrination tactics… I may have just found my “fake ass religion” con.)
[Sigh… damn having an actual conscience!]

5 Likes

I can imagine a lot of GOP donors looking at this and saying, “I’ll show them. I’m not defective!”

7 Likes

6 Likes

I am surprised the Postal Inspectors don’t have a field day with this.

“If the US mail is used in any step of the chain, then it is under the jurisdiction of the US Postal Inspection Service.” (This includes any mailings directing their membership to "go to our website to contribute.)

(I know that campaign contributions are permitted, but their collection methods goes beyond uniform commercial code standards in terms of disclosure.)

4 Likes

As my old granny used to say, “Fool me once; shame on you. Fool me twice; what the fuck is wrong with you, asshole! Grow the fuck up; and stop fooling people!”

13 Likes

Dinsdale?

6 Likes

local trump turd has a lawn littered with delusional slogans, one of which is: “gitmo for marxist traitors.” i’d love to hear on what legal basis this makes sense to them, or if they’d just admit the constitution doesn’t matter. then again, i have no interest in engaging them.

5 Likes

That blue button should read “COMPLETE THE GRIFT>>>”.

8 Likes

This is like, completely fucking insane. But, really… who didn’t see this coming when the whole Tea Party thing happened?

5 Likes