GOP lawmaker in Kansas says black people "responded the worst" to marijuana because of "genetics" and "character makeup"

shares in a prison or two…??

While I agree with your first paragraph, your second is comparing two different species of pepper, which is not the case here - they are different cultivars of the same plant. More like how broccoli and cauliflower (and kale!) are cultivars of the same plant. We consider them entirely different, though technically they all have the same origin. :slight_smile:

ETA: and crap, @glenblank beat me to the same analogy above! :smiley:

6 Likes

Perhaps i should’ve used Tomatoes and Potatoes as an example? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I just thought that the bell pepper and ghost pepper was a good self-explanatory and illustrative example but i am happy to learn the difference.

3 Likes

They sure taste different; I love broccoli, and can’t stand kale.

Good analogy for weed and hemp.

3 Likes

Personally i quite enjoy kale, though not a lot of people i know enjoy it as much as i do or just outright dislike it. It’s fine though, plenty of other good veggies to enjoy :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I lived in Topeka Kansas for about 4 years (Ugh) and that experience made reading the Dark Tower all the creepier as I knew Gage Park and the train there.

Horrible place to live, I had to see those fucking Phelps’s protesting gay people every few days while going to work. I almost got arrested once as a group of use decided to shoot laser at them (This was 1994 so laser pointers were really damn rare) and they called the cops on us. My boss at the time (This was at work BTW) said we should have used more powerful lasers.

6 Likes

Yeah, I visited the family of some friends in Topeka; you have my sympathy.

Let me be clear: I made a LOT of good friends in Kansas; people of worth can be found nearly anywhere. But Kansas, itself, is far too freaking Kansas for me to ever go back (if you ever visit, you’ll know exactly what I mean). I’d honestly rather live in West Virginia again -.-’ .

1 Like

Havin grown up there, but also had the pleasure of visiting some overseas destinations, my feeling is that many places can be quite beautiful, but it’s the people who are ugly.

2 Likes

That’s true of everywhere, methinks.

3 Likes

Well everywhere except maybe Gary.

Check out that lakefront!

“Because Gary is like Detroit, but in goddamn Indiana.”

LOL

6 Likes

I just love seeing the dichotomy of pacifist, brother-killing and violent under the same attribution. Someone is going to have to make up their mind which inclination the evil weed inflicts on users.
If you ask most cops whether they would rather deal with a bunch of young men drinking in public, or a bunch of young men smoking grass as a priority group to reduce trouble on a Friday night, any honest cop will tell you they need to deal with the drinkers because they get into fights. The smokers just go find somewhere to eat.

4 Likes

Y’know, I actually like Gary, IN; if only for the fact that people seem to hate it way more than they hate Detroit or Oakland…

:wink:

2 Likes

Gary is the muck left over after you boil down Detroit or Oakland for a few hours. There’s less of it, sure, but what’s left is concentrated evil.

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.