GOP online mob violently threatens judge who ordered Trump's search warrant

That’s the ticket.

:+1:

2 Likes

Indeed;

Stochastic terrorism.

15 Likes

My understanding of “stochastic terrorism” is that the incitement of violent acts - even if not predictable or organized - is a key part? I just meant that this rises to the level of a sort of terrorism even in the absence of actual - or even threatened - violence. Having mobs prevent you from living your life, even if you’re not actively in fear for it, still seems like it would be terrorizing.

Now the DOJ is saying that so long as the judge in question assents, they will immediately turn over answers the moment Trump relinquishes his rights to keep those answers secret and lets the DOJ publicize what this was about. If Trump surrenders his rights to keep this secret and the DOJ is asking the court to reveal it, then it seems like there would be little rationale for the judge to deny the motion. Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart has given Trump until Friday afternoon to notify the court whether he objects to the unsealing of the documents.
Merrick Garland press conference: DOJ motions to release search warrant against Donald Trump’s property.

4 Likes

“Stochastic Terrorism” is a bit of technical jargon that seems like it might be rigorously defined, but actually isn’t. Most of the technical papers that cite it as a given either point to a fintech paper which is at best tangentially related or to a single blog post.

3 Likes

It might not have a rigorous technical definition, which might help identify edge cases and the like, but the basic idea is well known and has been for a very long time, and can be summarised as

“Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?”

8 Likes

Are we taking bets on him objecting?

He’s had the documents since the search.
He says publicly he wants them released.
He could release them any time he wants, but hasn’t.
My bet is he objects in court.
However, keeps publicly saying they should be released.

That the two positions are direct contradictions doesn’t matter at all. It’s just like releasing his taxes.

A goal of simultaneously avoiding the release and driving outage about not being released.

4 Likes

Using platforms such as 4chan, Telegram, Gab, and Trump’s Truth Social, loyal Trump pawns are naming the judge

Since the warrant hasn’t been made public yet, where did his name come from?

It should be possible to find the first mentions on each platform, and start tying them together.

8 Likes

And tracing them back to Trump…

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.