Fox airs fake photo of Trump search judge getting massage by Ghislaine Maxwell

Originally published at: Fox airs fake photo of Trump search judge getting massage by Ghislaine Maxwell | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Hmm, according to this document I have here (slaps paper convincingly), Brian Kilmeade has been banned from every grocery store in the city for breaking in at night to fuck frozen turkeys.

It’s clearly true, I have a document.

30 Likes

Foot Massage

17 Likes

This “Epstein-affiliated judge is biased against Trump” narrative is so infuriating on so many levels.

Even if acting as a defense attorney for some of Epstein’s employees was in and of itself a sign of an improper relationship to Jeffrey Epstein—which it absolutely is not—why would a connection to Epstein mean the judge was biased against Trump, who was himself a friend of Epstein for decades?

Trump was the guy who infamously said of Epstein:

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump told New York Magazine that year for a story headlined “Jeffrey Epstein: International Moneyman of Mystery.” “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

Year later Trump defended the sweetheart plea deal that his Secretary of Labor secured for Epstein:

And then later still, after Ghislaine Maxwell was finally arrested for her role in the assaults and sex trafficking, Trump repeatedly wished her well:

If anything it seems likely that someone who was associated with Epstein would be biased in favor of Donald Trump.

30 Likes

Douchebags got to douche.

8 Likes

It’s undeniable that Kilmeade is living up to the Faux “News” brand.

11 Likes

Being a fact checker at FN sounds like a pretty easy job

6 Likes

Easier than being an adult intern I think.

Walmart greeter level.

4 Likes

We both know it means something. Also, excellent pull. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The propagandists favorite social axiom: ‘A lie is halfway round the world before the truth has got its boots on.’ (Churchill, Twain, or …Virgil?). So fox"news" lies, full-well knowing it’s a lie, and later (maybe) issues a “Oh gosh that wasn’t really exactly true”, but it’s already implanted in the minds of the …fine folk who desperately want it to be true and therefore never connect the ‘correction’ to the lie. -sigh-

Oh for the semi-mythological days of the FCC reconsidering a license to broadcast over the public ‘air-waves’ if a venue was notably antisocial. (“But you stupid @#$ you! this comes via the internets too!” yes, and perhaps there should be some sort of anti-trust action there too.? “Whaaat!? 1st amendment!” etc)

1 Like

are these the same people that claim epstein didn’t kill himself?

1 Like

I know proving libel/slander is pretty hard to do in the US, but that seems like a pretty strong case. How many MyPillow spots will they have to sell to make up for that? :confused:

11 Likes

Defamation lawsuit?

14 Likes

And false light. If Palin’s crappy suit could get to a jury this one should too.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I mean, did they just settle the defamation suit in real time? Like a speeding ticket in Montana?

3 Likes

At some point either the establishment has to deal with the fact that Fox is trying to overthrow democracy and the rule of law in the United States, or else Fox is going to achieve its goal

Trump is a bad actor, but guys like Trump come and go—Fox News goes on and on, always lying and undermining and scapegoating, forever

How much closer do they have to get to their goal before it’s not just fun and games with the First Amendment anymore

6 Likes

I wish I were a lawyer, because then I’d be able to comment on whether or not this is actionable defamation.

Kilmeade seems to be putting up the image as if it were an unretouched photo.

“Just joking”, the mantra of the American fascist in 2022.

6 Likes

Trump makes (made) noise about getting “his” Supreme Court to overturn NY Times v Sullivan and the “actual malice” standard for defamation suits by public figures. I am going to go out on a limb and say Fox respectfully disagrees with that plan of action, because they would have to shut down their “comedy club.”

As to the merits of a prospective lawsuit, I would assume Reinhart would be treated as a public figure for purposes of defamation and so he would have to prove actual malice or knowing disregard of the truth. If the “meme” tag on the screen hows Fox knew the photo was fake, but Kilmeade without any sense of irony reported it as true, that may be enough evidence of actual malice to get to a jury (assuming they don’t settle). I think the day after retraction shows Fox didn’t think Kilmeade’s presentation was ironic enough to invoke the Sidney Powell" defense.

My first thought is that a “false light” case might even be stronger than defamation, since it is not just his reputation but his life he trying to defend. I could be wrong about that, and it all depends on whether the judge wants to even take it to court.

1 Like