NY Judge threatens Trump with jail time

Originally published at: NY Judge threatens Trump with jail time | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Trump Around and Trump Out.

16 Likes

I really hope that Judge Engoron ends up in the history books as the first person to put this monstrous grifter behind bars, even if it’s just a night in the courthouse poky room.

33 Likes

28 Likes

Like, what would happen if they jailed him for just a weekend for gag order violations. In solitary confinement (or otherwise away from general population.) I guess he would have to have a few Secret Service with him and all.

But still: Just sitting alone with his thoughts and a goon or two (I have to assume Secret Service people on his detail are goons, but I suppose they could just be “doing their job”). What would happen?

11 Likes

15 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if he was just in a local lockup, even his very own cell, and the secret service guys seated outside, for say 24 hours.

No makeup, no phone, no hambeders, and a tin toilet.

i make orlando bloom GIF

20 Likes

Wait, so the issue was a social media post, linked to by his campaign website? And the offending social media post presumably wasn’t even taken down? That seems like the bigger issue, and one more directly tied to Trump himself.

13 Likes

Fines don’t matter to Trump any more than any other debt he is supposed to pay. He’ll be saying “The check is in the mail” until his funeral. If the judge fines him, he’ll try to appeal it. Delay, delay, delay. Just put his wide orange self in jail for a weekend.

12 Likes

Yeah, if it was just the campaign website, it would be difficult (and probably unfair) to directly punish Trump himself for it, but since it’s one of his own social media posts…

8 Likes

“Judge threatens”

When will any judge actually do a thing? “Threaten” is a way of not doing anything and yet still sounding tough, when they are possibly even a supporter.

DO SOMETHING. MAKE CONSEQUENCES REAL.

24 Likes

Well, not today, court adjourns for day without gag order ruling.

Interfering with my Happy Hour.

9 Likes

No kidding. I so wish this judge would say, “Mr. Trump, if you post or say another thing in violation of the gag order, you will serve a night in jail. Am I understood?”

And then do it when he inevitably barfs out another violation.

9 Likes

Well, this isn’t the first time an important political figure has been jailed. Most likely a special facility, possibly at a local military base as has been done before, will be set up, and he’ll be jailed in a comfortable, but secured room, with his Praetorian Guard keeping him safe. As for his mental state, I don’t know if he’s ever been isolated from his yes-men, body servants, and other assorted sycophants, and would recommend he be on a suicide watch for at least the first few days of incarceration and isolation. I think we may be grasping at straws if we’re also to expect any sort of introspection or enlightenment to occur.

11 Likes

Flying Sci-Fi GIF

11 Likes

He’s basically been begging for pre-trial detention. Which would have happened sooner if he hadn’t essentially got a re-start every time a different judge, from different cases, imposed a gag order on him.

6 Likes

My feeling is that this fine is meant as a shot across the bow. We’ll see what he finds out when he fools around.

9 Likes

Looks like $5k slap on the wrist after all.

When I say slap I mean tickle.

5 Likes

Please, please, please.

High School Please GIF

8 Likes

Jail time or it didn’t happen!

5 Likes