Trump fined another $10k for breaching gag order as judge declares him an unreliable witness

Originally published at: Trump fined another $10k for breaching gag order as judge declares him an unreliable witness | Boing Boing

8 Likes

He could always use the time to write a book about His Struggle.

Of course, it’s probably hard to find a ghostwriter on the inside.

27 Likes

… Trump has no plan

The abuse is his defense

The question is whether the judge has the courage to imprison him or not — and not just for a few hours either

34 Likes

Hmm… Mein Narcissism?

9 Likes

Mein Covfefe

28 Likes

Anderson Cooper Reaction GIF

8 Likes

I dunno, given the kind of person who would ghost-write something for Trump now (knowing they wouldn’t get paid, likely), I’d say prison is exactly the sort of place he’d find someone. I mean, some of the Aryan Nations guys have got to be marginally literate, right?

8 Likes
4 Likes

Important: that’s a different gag order from a different case.

21 Likes

CNN cluelessly described the fine as “hitting Trump where it hurts–his pocketbook.” We’ve all seen by now that blows to his pocketbook don’t faze him. He’ll simply refuse to pay the fines and tie them up in court. The single thing that hits Trump where it hurts is a blow to his ego. He’s all about performance. Only public displays that make him look small, weak, and stupid can bring him down. The judge makes a start by declaring Trump “not a credible witness.” It probably wouldn’t do for the presiding judge to be the source, but in my opinion a steady stream of contempt along with personal gibes at his wealth, his appearance, and his manliness would open him up for a self-destructive meltdown.

20 Likes

… fucking ACLU again

6 Likes

$10K is nothing to him

He’s not a real billionaire but that “fine” isn’t even worth fighting in court, he’s got people who spend more than that on his behalf every ten minutes

13 Likes

I wish there were cameras in court.

From another article…

Audible gasps rose in the courtroom shortly after the lunch break, when the judge, New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron, announced that he would hold a one-witness hearing and ask Trump directly if he had violated the gag order by telling reporters during a morning break that the trial’s law clerk is “very partisan.”

“I’m going to hold a hearing right now about that,” the judge said. “And as the first witness, I’m calling the defendant, Donald J. Trump. Mr. Trump, would you take the stand?”

“Donald John Trump,” the former president said, when asked to state his name after climbing slowly to the stand and swearing to tell the truth.

The judge asked Trump if he indeed had said what the Associated Press had reported him saying during the morning break – when he griped that Engoron, a Democrat, is “a very partisan judge, with a person who’s very partisan sitting alongside of him, perhaps even more partisan than he is.”

“Yes,” Trump answered.

To whom were you referring, the judge asked the former president.

“To you and Michael Cohen,” Trump answered, denying that he had meant law clerk Allison Greenfield.

“As the finder of fact, I find the witness was not credible,” the judge said of Trump.

28 Likes

Mein, All Mein

11 Likes

Is there a “Pepsi” button in prison?

4 Likes

Are “not credible” and “unreliable” equivalent? When I hear “not credible” I think “liar”, whereas when I hear “unreliable” I think “not dependable”. I think both certainly apply here, but I feel like saying “unreliable” is being too kind in this instance.

Yep, incarceration, would be yet another “ratings boost”(ha. I first typed “ratings boast” and that works too). It makes me livid that that can be so, but, being that the incarceration process is a whole string of procedural indignities, I think the trade-off is worth it, especially if they don’t make a bunch of special exceptions to standard procedure because of the Gilded Turd’s “special status”.

5 Likes

If he can’t follow the gag order, I’m sure an alternative can be found.

Drunk Attitude GIF by Robert E Blackmon

8 Likes

This. So I watched listened to Chris Hayes, Rubin and Cohen’s lawyer talk about Trump getting busted for his attack on the Judges clerk. I think what happened REALLY GOT to Trump. Good.
I want to see more of that. I really want him to LOOSE IT in court.

10 Likes

He’ll pay as soon as he pays his lawyers

5 Likes

… he could get a couple weeks of extra coverage out of it, after that it wouldn’t be news anymore :smiling_imp:

6 Likes