GOP Rep. Lisa McClain claims Trump "caught Osama bin Laden” in 2011, even though he didn’t take office until 2017

Originally published at: GOP Rep. Lisa McClain claims Trump "caught Osama bin Laden" in 2011, even though he didn't take office until 2017 | Boing Boing

12 Likes

13 Likes

She has the receipts.

16 Likes
19 Likes

you really should have to prove you are not a complete moron to run for any public office.

27 Likes

This loon is my representative, she is a rock star on our local Facebook groups.

I really really need to move but the property where my house is has been in the family since 1936, sentimental is starting to lose ground though.

23 Likes

That’s part of it, but then there are the complete morons who vote for them…

14 Likes

If you can’t believe the lies, you won’t fall for the graft, and so the Republicans aren’t interested in you. Maybe it is time to rename the Nigerian Prince (aka the Spanish Prisoner) to the Republican Politician?

16 Likes

These fuckers have entirely given up on objective, fact-based reality, haven’t they?

28 Likes

The leap of logic required to believe this is astronomical… unless… we are living in a matrix scientifically designed by democrat… scientists to make us believe that trump only came to power 2016 and to make us believe also that … he is no longer president … the only way to wake up to the real world and escape the matrix is to commandeer a sail boat like in the Truman show and make for russia across the Bering Straight its only 55 miles …republicans spread the word .

17 Likes

I think she meant COVID.

Or the clap.

12 Likes

Came here for this.

2 Likes

In Trump’s case, that’d be the Golf Clap.

8 Likes

Being counter-reality, and in particular giving credit to Trump for things that happened before (and now after) he was in office, and blaming Obama, Biden or even Hillary for things that happened when he was in office is pretty standard for Republicans now. I’m pretty sure this isn’t even the first time this particular belief has been stated, because it seems like I’ve heard other people claim this.

And of course it’s so easy to get hung up on the obvious falsehoods that you miss out that everything else she’s saying is also bullshit. (There were “no wars” while Trump was in office? ORLY?)

Problem is, Republicans are deliberately saying dumb things they know aren’t true to appeal to know-nothing voters. We have actual morons and also people simulating being complete morons as well, just because it’s a winning election strategy.

You only have to watch Fox News to realize that. (Someone just came out with a study quantifying that, where they paid a group of Fox viewers to watch CNN instead, and the results were… pretty predictable. OSF )

Although also:

18 Likes

Huh Biden was actually in office when that happened. Imagine that.

1 Like

Just figuring that out now?

2 Likes

neatly said. or slightly more graphically…

33 Likes

Soon they’ll be claiming Trump was the one who defeated Hitler and freed the slaves.

9 Likes

But many of them probably wanted it the other way round - freeing Hitler and defeating the slaves.
(Not /s)

12 Likes

Er, what? Was he using Obama’s infernal time machine?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

2 Likes