GOP Senators tweet screenshots during zoom meeting with Ukraine's Zelinskyy after being asked not to reveal his location

Originally published at: GOP Senators tweet screenshots during zoom meeting with Ukraine's Zelinskyy after being asked not to reveal his location | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Stephen Colbert Idk GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

19 Likes

Those two have proven they can’t be trusted with a burnt-out match. Why would a single voter think it’s a good idea to trust either of them with an entire state?

53 Likes

It has been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that the only freedom a significant number of Americans are willing to fight and even die for is the right to kill people. Whether overtly, with guns, or covertly, with a deadly illness or leaked info so that someone can be found (remember, this happened with J6 as well), the point is killing people.

47 Likes

Bronze Age GOP can’t be trusted with a landline let alone the internet.

14 Likes

And cruelty.

28 Likes

Drama Do Both GIF by Famous in Love

15 Likes

The malice these KKKpublicans/GQP’ers have for the rest of the planet’s inhabitants is off the scale.

:heart::ukraine::heart:

23 Likes

Shocked Oh My God GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

19 Likes

I wouldn’t trust them to be able to find their own ass even if supplied with diagrams and a full set of instructions.
Incompetent imbeciles.

11 Likes

It could have been entirely purposeful on the part of Rubio and Daines. If the past few years have taught us anything, it should be that the modern GOP is absolutely willing to side with authoritarians and undermine any sort of democracy…

51 Likes

This reminds me of the time the US Military kicked Geraldo Rivera out of Iraq in 2003 after he drew a map in the dirt to show viewers the current position and planned movements of the unit he was embedded with.

41 Likes
27 Likes

Their selfish need to demonstrate their own self importance over the safety of another is repugnant.

26 Likes

6 Likes

I’m surprised Ron Johnson only asked where Zelensky was. He’s got his reputation as America’s Dumbest Senator to uphold, and Tommy Tuberville has been coming at him hard.

(Johnson is one of the GOP officials who spent the 4th of July in Moscow in 2018; I personally wonder if Johnson hasn’t been compromised in one fashion or another. It’s entirely possible for the man to be both corrupt and stupid, though.)

15 Likes

He probably gets the same KREM newsfeed that George Papadopoulos does, claiming every day that Zelinskyy has left the country.

5 Likes

Not surprising considering one of them got 1.5 million in Russian money and the other spend the 4th of July (US Independence Day) in Moscow…

13 Likes

I think it’s very clear he has, and that the question he asked was completely in character as an obvious pro-Putin stooge.

12 Likes

It’s really one of only two possible explanations why someone would do something like that after having been explicitly told not to. The other one being that they are such contrarians that the mere act of being told not to do something means they feel compelled to do it, even if someone’s life is at stake.

10 Likes