GOP set up Twitter "numbers stations" to get around Super PAC rules

Why do you think that Wal-Mart, your insurance, that cell phone, and those cheeseburgers are so cheap. Because those corporations pay their employees so little that they require social safety net programs to have any semblance of a decent life. Please learn what ‘externalities’ are and assign the blame where blame is due.

Edit: I fell for it, didn’t I. :blush: For a second I was wondering if this post was linked on Drudge Report or something.

11 Likes

What is illegal about this is that they are transmitted by code. even if its just a simple code that one could decifer it makes it a sort of private communication. Making it illegal collaboration.

Now whether anyone will get charged…

1 Like

There are legal ways to go about such things. The Republicans are actually behind the curve and cheating to make up the difference.

Enough of your Cultural Marxism, COMMIE!!!1!!#!!!

2 Likes

They can just use Al Gore’s excuse . “no controlling authuority”

The replies to Ducypusira were so good, the comment will remain. Ducypusira will not.

8 Likes

How many political opinions do you think your viewpoint has ever changed? I’m telling you now it’s zero. If you knew that ‘lifestyle’ was one word I might have seen fit to read through the rest of your rambling, undirected outburst but it’s those little clues that tell the reader the kind of simpleton we’re dealing with here.

Also lose the elections? Oh the mid terms? How exactly did such a supposedly mistaken president win two terms? His opponents much have been real shit amirite?

3 Likes

I like to think that I’m an optimist. Though I don’t know how long that is going to last.

2 Likes

I love this policy. I always maintain that trolls should be like Oliver Cromwell. Put up on a pike and left at the front gate to let people know who they’re dealing with.

1 Like

Didn’t he die of natural causes? Wasn’t he succeeded by Richard Cromwell, his son?

Oh, wait.

On 30 January 1661, (the 12th anniversary of the execution of Charles I), Cromwell’s body was exhumed from Westminster Abbey, and was subjected to the ritual of a posthumous execution, as were the remains of Robert Blake, John Bradshaw and Henry Ireton. (The body of Cromwell’s daughter was allowed to remain buried in the Abbey.) His disinterred body was hanged in chains at Tyburn, and then thrown into a pit. Cromwell’s severed head was displayed on a pole outside Westminster Hall until 1685. Afterwards it allegedly was owned by various people and was publicly exhibited several times. Afterwards, the head changed hands several times, including its sale in 1814 to Josiah Henry Wilkinson,[116][117] before eventually being buried beneath the floor of the antechapel at Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge, in 1960.[118][119] The exact position was not publicly disclosed, but as noted below a plaque marks the approximate location.[120]

2 Likes

I’d be a pessimist, but i don’t think it would do any good.

3 Likes

Or for that matter, Mr. Morden…

2 Likes

That’s what I always remembered about that story, that even though he was dead the crown was still pissed and wanted to kill him again. So goddamned petty.

2 Likes

Yeah, but he was a bit of a cock.

Takes some doing to be less popular than Charlies 1 and 2.

And then James II fucked up whatever goodwill might have been accumulating towards the Stuarts.

It’s been downhill since Teddy I.

Although having legitimately nuts kings like Henry VI and George III must have been good for a laugh.

But in point of fact, that’s not the case. Further, it’s not about what the Democrats do or didn’t do. It’s about what the Republicans have done. Even with a court packed with their cronies and hacks, they still find it necessary to cheat. The GOP has behaved like any other criminal organization for at least the last fifty years, and the current field of brownshirts is no different. In their private messages and conversations, and when they speak at those 10,000/plate dinners, they are often so cavalier about their disdain for their supposed inferiors, it’s difficult to understand how they can continue with any success whatsoever. In the recently stated opinion of one corporate-raiding Mormon bishop, 48% of us represent a drag on the corporate state. Worse than worthless. The following week this same man is nearly elected President of the United States. Just a few days ago Richard Berman marveled publicly at the stupidity of the electorate while at a dinner/banquet; this, while he unabashedly endorsed lying, deceptions of all kinds and character assassination as his favored ‘research’ methods. The crowd loved it. These vermin, and many others like them, are complicit in the corruption of our beloved Republic. The loathsome parasites who engineered this particular scheme are no different.

Of course, they are really not in the mold of the Blackshirts, or the Brownshirts–those militaristic associations won’t work here in the USA. They are the Blacksuits. American-style fascists.

As an aside, and speaking of criminal organizations, any word on those 365 tons of 100 dollar bills (USD) Misters Bush and Cheney somehow misplaced? Just curious. Amazing how little things like that just slip away into the land of forgetting.

2 Likes

I’m down with the banning football though.

1 Like

I try to make self-effacing jokes, but I’m not very good at it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.