GOP talk show host who expressed skepticism of Covid risk is "struggling to breathe"

Originally published at: GOP talk show host who expressed skepticism of Covid risk is "struggling to breathe" | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Sounds like one of those overconfident assholes from District 1.

36 Likes

Suffer for your stupidity and selfishness, Phil Valentine; no sympathy, except for those people who you infected…

37 Likes

It’s never real until it happens directly to them. Those who have no empathy are a pox on society.

46 Likes

What are my odds of getting COVID? They’re pretty low.

Wow, you found out the hard way the odds were against you all along. Get well soon…

31 Likes

He fucked around; he found out.

45 Likes

Roger That!

19 Likes

Phil Valentine is now claiming he made a mistake — and should have taken the vaccine.

It sounds suspiciously like his family, who aren’t anti-vax nutcases, are speaking “on his behalf” to salvage his reputation (and convince some of his followers to get vaccinated) if he dies. I suppose if he recovers we’ll see if his views have actually changed.

28 Likes

While I won’t be a fan, I will get behind every single reversal case who speaks out and tries to make a difference, even late. Without these people, the rest will stay happily ignorant unless they are bribed or threatened with less freedom to get vaccinated (and I’d rather have their head than their reluctant sell-out).

32 Likes

What’s even more mind-boggling is that many of these people who refuse to get vaccinated due to the ‘potential harm’ are the same folks that will then spend thousands of dollars on vitamins, supplements, or non-FDA approved ‘treatments’ once they get CV19 and symptoms.

So they are more than fine cramming whatever pseudo-scientific garbage into them, but refuse the tested and approved vaccines.

Nuts.

33 Likes

I have to wonder if his ‘personal risk assessment’ includes some optimism about how young he actually isn’t.

There are certainly worse things to be than 61, but it’s definitely edging toward the significant uptick in bad outcomes territory.

19 Likes

57 Likes

“Hate Radio Bloviator Cancels Self”

23 Likes

So a conservative voice claimed they knew better than science, had reality bit them in the ass, are now wishing they had followed science and telling others to follow it? Sounds like liberal conspiracy to me.
/s

21 Likes

“I’m not an anti-vaxxer. I’m just using common sense. What are my odds of getting COVID? They’re pretty low. What are my odds of dying from COVID if I do get it? Probably way less than one percent.”

What he didn’t understand was the chance of death increases exponentially with age.

16 Likes

Statistics, odds, data, facts, age. Let’s just put all of this under the category “bad with numbers.”

12 Likes

Fuckin-A.

5 Likes

People should 100 percent get vaccinated, and public figures cause massive harm by spreading misinformation. But it seems super shitty to sit around gloating as unvaccinated people die.

Ha! He didn’t do it and now he might die! Ha! His kids won’t have a dad anymore! What a clown!

4 Likes

Well, if his “better late than never” vaccine evangelicalism gets people to actually go out and get vaccinated, then I’m for it.

9 Likes

I have far more sympathy for the people who are sick and dying because they listened to him. At this point in time my empathy is a finite resource and I have none to spare for this kind of blow-hard.

50 Likes