Gorgeous retro Star Wars propaganda posters

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/14/better-than-lucas.html

4 Likes

Some skilled 'shopper needs to swap out the Emperor with Drumpf.

But, yeah, pretty kick ass. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s not a fair comparison.

Emperor Palpatine was competent at his job.

16 Likes

7e2158c943d807917211e3ee3747140fe04a156a

7 Likes

I feel a disturbance in the force, a disturbance I have not felt since… Disney’s last cease and desist.

Really nice work.

17 Likes

These are really great. They remind me what Star Wars felt like back when everyone I knew wanted to cosplay a rebel. Once the Empire became more Interesting than the rebellion, the franchise lost most of its fun factor for me.

1 Like

14 Likes

I hope he doesn’t get sued, these are rather good work.

3 Likes

I love me some good propaganda.

1 Like

spock%20as%20solo spock%20vs%20vader

13 Likes

A lot of these are in the Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy artbook. So some of them may be what could be considered “unofficial” or “fan-made”… but a whole bunch are actually official art.

(It’s a great book, by the way, with in-universe flavor text about the circumstances of each piece’s fictional creation. And his are some of the best in there, for sure.)

3 Likes

Like a “Seeds Of Victory” from a galaxy far, far away.

Here’s my humble quick contribution to the propaganda war!

3 Likes

People say Leia was all that but Aunt Beru was hot!!

2 Likes

Yeah, the Star Wars Propaganda book is one of my favorite media tie-ins, with plenty of gorgeous art and supporting text written by Pablo Hidalgo (of the Lucasfilm Story Group). I’m an unabashed Pablo fan; his work always adds just the right amount of depth and quirk, enhancing the main story without overexplaining it.

2 Likes

There’s a “mission accomplished” poster just begging to be made somewhere

3 Likes

216re0

3 Likes

Remember, in 1977 the burning corpses of family members were no bar to getting a movie a “U” certification…

2 Likes

There probably was even a PSA about that…

1 Like

There are a lot of cool retro style Star Wars posters up at my work, but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to share most of them. Here’s one that’s relevant to the project I’m on though:

7 Likes