Got stress? These CBD oils bring relief by the drop

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/25/got-stress-these-cbd-oils-bri.html

1 Like

this related item in the news recently

https://hightimes.com/news/canadian-woman-may-permanently-banned-us-having-cbd-oil-border/

7 Likes

I personally get more mileage out’a handle of Jim Beam, cheaper too.

6 Likes

Well, thank goodness for that. Is it low calorie and BPA free as well?

7 Likes

Anecdotally, I’ve found that the people who find relief with CBD are also not on any medication for anxiety or other mental health issues, and who have mild temporary stress. (With the caveat that if it works for you, it works).

Microdosing THC will probably work better for severe anxiety and/or if you’re on medication for anxiety, etc.

4 Likes

It has no effect or side effects, can’t beat it with a stick!

5 Likes

vaguely mlm in form if not content

2 Likes

“For a pick-me-up (or calm-me-down)”. Do I
decide, or is it a coin flip, if it’ll keep me up or help me sleep?

8 Likes

It’s a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure of psychoactive effects when taking this “non-psychoactive” drug.

6 Likes

Doesn’t THC actually contribute to anxiety problems? Or it’s this way only for larger doses?

Came here to post that.

1 Like
3 Likes

From what I read recently about CBD products, it may be CBD-free. (Someone tested a bunch of products and found many contained high levels of lead, as cannabis is apparently good at absorbing heavy metals, but at least one had no detectable amounts of CBD.) The joys of unregulated products…

5 Likes

It must depend on which sides you squeeze the dropper. Y’know, because of chirality.

(There is surely something out there already that is marketed this way.)

1 Like

These claims for health benefits are not supported by current scientific evidence and this should be noted in the ad copy. Further investigation may reveal such claims to be factual and reliable, but at present these claims are based on anecdotes and have not been rigorously evaluated or tested. Buying this product should come with the warning that it may result in increased psychosomatic placebo activity.

6 Likes

From my understanding, microdosing can help to alleviate anxiety, while large doses would have the opposite effect.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.