Gov. Kristi Noem slapped with lawsuit for peddling dental work on infomercial (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/13/gov-kristi-noem-slapped-with-lawsuit-for-peddling-dental-work-on-infomercial-video.html

8 Likes

Tagging it “ad” or “sponsored” isn’t particularly helpful, either. When a Republican says “vote for me”, that’s an ad. When a Republican says “buy a thing”, it’s grift. Big difference.

11 Likes

it’s not clear whether Noem actually posted the video out of the goodness of her heart or if she was indeed compensated with money, free services, or some other perk.

I think we can safely rule out the first scenario. As a MAGAt politician it’s not clear if she has a heart.

8 Likes

USA is turning into the most freakish thing!!! Sometimes I think all of this is a big joke for the rest of the world.

3 Likes

Yeah, fundamentalist idiots with nukes, what could possibly go wrong.

8 Likes

On behalf of the United States of America, I apologize for our poor taste in humor.

Nah, fuck that. Real people are getting hurt, and I’m kind of sick of people treating this shit like a TV show, or that rest of the world isn’t having similar problems with their far right…

4 Likes

Normally yes - but we’ve had Boris Johnson, Liz Truss and now Rish! Sunak - so we’ll stay quiet.

1 Like

As long as those of us living different countries treat the rise of fascism in other place as a way to pretend like we’re somehow better than people in those countries, the easier it will be for the same problem to grow at home. These are transnational movements, and always have been. It can happen anywhere, no one is immune, because we’ve all developed the same political history. But it’s always been so. When fascism was growing in Europe, we had a movement here in the US. Reagan and Thatcher made common cause. Etc. Much like in WW2, this is a shared, collective problem that we’re going to have to address together.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.