WTF? Gov. Kristi Noem just posted a 2nd infomercial — this time for shoe inserts — after getting slapped with lawsuit for the 1st one (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/14/wtf-gov-kristi-noem-just-posted-a-2nd-infomercial-this-time-for-shoe-inserts-after-getting-slapped-with-lawsuit-for-the-1st-one-video.html

9 Likes

What a grifting asshole.

12 Likes

With two this quickly, I wonder if the SD RNC is already completely and totally broke.

15 Likes

It seems to me that even without a QPQ, a government official using their office to advertise for a private company should be illegal if it isn’t already. At minimum it comes off as deeply unethical and an abuse of power.

20 Likes

Could be, but also, it could be just Noem using her position and platform to personal enrich herself (as MAGA seems to attract grifters)… both are probably true.

10 Likes

But also: what a tacky asshole. It’s not even high quality grifting. It’s “3rd-rate celebrity has-been, desperately looking to make some quick cash before disappearing from the public eye forever.” Well, we can hope for that last bit, I suppose.

8 Likes

My question is: is she doing this for the money from the companies or is she doing this because the companies are laundering her bribes for her by “hiring” her to do their commercials

10 Likes

Pretty soon she’s going to be Governor Shamwow.

14 Likes

both.jpg

Or possibly pitching for BRAWNDO?

(I never watched that movie, because we are living it, or at least the early stages of it. blah blah Torment Nexus, etc…)

4 Likes

But wait - there’s more!

(The next one will be about… I don’t know, this has been from top to bottom already, what’s inbetween? Belts?)

4 Likes

There are laws about government officials taking income unrelated to their actual jobs, right? Or at least rules about how you go about doing it?

Noem could write a book (or “write” a book) and get paid for it, and I don’t think there would be ethical questions. But this really does feel like something that should be illegal.

1 Like

Waiting for her to shill for whoever did her crappy plastic surgery next.

1 Like

don’t forget the FlexSeal™ Tape for your leaking lifeboat, there governor!

She can’t make ends meet on the SD Gov’s salary of 121k, plus perks?

She really put her foot in her mouth this time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.